• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: SF Z2 mod, green laser

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for sale is a toy I've recently found in my heap of junk...
Z2_laser.JPG

It looks like a regular Z2 with a shock isolation head on but, there's a 15mW green laser inside!
Z2_laser_on.JPG

The laser module is composed of the green laser assembly with output adjustable with a potentiometer and a custom machined aluminum sleeve. It feeds on a cr123 cell and takes full advantage of the shock-proof and water-proof Z2 host.
Note that it was originally meant to be hosted inside a SF M2 along with a beamcover for extra safety like the ones I sold back in the days but I never got around to getting an extra M2 for that purpose and this host works perfectly fine.
the 15mW output is a safe zone where the beam is bright enough to be usable for all around purposes while still being safe for use without protective eyewear.

This is the last one I have and there's no plan on making more. I'll include a leather holster with it.
I'll ask $160 shipped priority within the US. Please PM me for details.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

knifebright

Enlightened
Re: FS: SF Z2 mod, green laser

guys and gals these are bad a$$!!! I bought the other one years back and it really is amazing. Imagine the fun outdoors with a water resistent greenie you can drop in the woods!
Jimmy

Patriot

Flashaholic

guys and gals these are bad a$$!!! I bought the other one years back and it really is amazing. Imagine the fun outdoors with a water resistent greenie you can drop in the woods!
Jimmy

Although water resistant, you'd certainly want to keep the "dropping" to a minimum with a greenie.....:eek:

When you stated that you "bought one" do you mean that you purchased a green laser in general or a green laser housed in an older Z2?

knifebright

Enlightened

Of course the dropping should be kept to a minimum but the shock isolation from the Z2 and the way Kungfu... sets these up make them very durable. A lot better change of surviving the drop then in a pointer set up.

In this case I bought from KFC a green lazer housed in a Z2 about 4 years ago. It really is some great work at a great price.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for your kind words, Jimmy.

I wasn't the one who made the first SF compatible laser mod; the first one was for the E2e, IIRC. I simply decided that shock isolating models would make much better hosts since they offer protection to one of a dpss laser's worst enemies, random drops.

And while it's true that I've never tested those in any form of scientific way, I did give away a couple of my old M2 lasers to some of my best friends who shipped out with the Air Force and they've both reported exceptional durability (as well a lot of fun for practical jokes) so I'm very confident stating that these are quite durable enough for anything that you'd use a laser for within reason.

They are not aligned properly for weapon use nor do they have lab quality beam patterns but they offer what I consider a unique and desirable form factor for a green laser for general use.

I'll keep it up for today and withdraw it because I suddenly feel like I'll regret selling it.