Holder for 4 or more 123 batteries. . . PLEASE HELP!!

Phhbrown

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking for a battery holder for 123 batteries. Something like what you would get at radio shack for AA batteries, the black plastic thing that holds four or eight batteries and is wired. I'm not even sure that type of thing exists for 123s, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what to use or how to wire four 123s together.

My brother is in the Marine Corps and is being deployed to Afghanistan and I'm working on a field expedient charger for his helmet camera system. He will be in the field with no way to charge equipment, but he will have an unlimited supply of 123s. My idea is to wire a battery pack into the DC charger for his camera batteries. I need to get at least 12 volts and about 2200 mAh.

One idea I have is to use pvc or similar material and contain the batteries in a tube. The problems I run into are finding tubing with a snug diameter and how to create the contacts inside the tube.

Any ideas on how to put together a bomb proof wired holder for 4 or more 123s would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Patrick

Last edited:

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened
I've found that the Altoids gum containers will hold 4 CR123s, with only moderate rattle. Try a bit of felt to stop the rattle?