A whole lot of battery

DocD

Enlightened
[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica]Tadiran TL 2300 D Size 3.6 Volt Inorganic Lithium Battery[/FONT]

and this holds a massive?Nominal Capacity16500 mAh

so to those in the know about these things is it worth buying some or have i got it ALL wrong? can be found here www.batteriesandbutter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TL-2300&Category_Code=sa36v and just to ask is there a max mAh that a terralux tle300m for a 4 or 6d M*g can run at or is it only the volts that matter 6-24volts that can damage the bulb ?
many thanks DocD

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For the TLE 300, the extra voltage isn't worth it(the drop-in module draws the current it needs). It's the voltage that kills the drop-in.

If those batteries were rechargeable, that would be great.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kai has a D-sized LiIon cell which is rather more impressive than that D NiMH. DX has a C-sized LiIon cell (with grossly overstated capacity).

As for the Tadiran: don't those cells have pitiful power density?

electrothump

Enlightened
That is a heck of lot of energy coming from one battery. I'm not sure what a competitive price on it would be. As for some of the other batteries, I found the prices to be a little on the high side. Take the Energizers for example, you can get them much cheaper at wally world.

DN

Illum

Flashaholic
That is a heck of lot of energy coming from one battery. I'm not sure what a competitive price on it would be. As for some of the other batteries, I found the prices to be a little on the high side. Take the Energizers for example, you can get them much cheaper at wally world.

DN

I don't recall Energizer making D celled lithiums :thinking:

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those sound like lithium-thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) cells which, by the way, are awful for high drain applications.
Their rated capacities are usually done at discharge currents of 5mA and below. Their primary purposes are military devices and computer rom backup which takes advantage of their very long shelf life of over 20 years and high energy density...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Those sound like lithium-thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) cells which, by the way, are awful for high drain applications.
Their rated capacities are usually done at discharge currents of 5mA and below. Their primary purposes are military devices and computer rom backup which takes advantage of their very long shelf life of over 20 years and high energy density...

They are lithium thionyl chloride and not suited to 1A discharge currents. I went to their terrible site last night in search of discharge curves. They did release a high discharge AA last year.

Larry

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I tested the Terra Lux TLE-300M with the following voltage 7.2 (6 eneloop AA in a Five mega holder) works fine, next voltage 11.1 volts using 3 Lio-Ion 17670 in a Five Mega holder no issue, next 22.2 volts using 6 R123 in a Five mega holder worked for about 30 second then dimmed real low now it wont power up correctly with the 11.1 volts or the 22.1 volts it will hower work as it should with7.2 volts. I will check with Terra Lux see what the say.
progress.gif

DocD

Enlightened
I tested the Terra Lux TLE-300M with the following voltage 7.2 (6 eneloop AA in a Five mega holder) works fine, next voltage 11.1 volts using 3 Lio-Ion 17670 in a Five Mega holder no issue, next 22.2 volts using 6 R123 in a Five mega holder worked for about 30 second then dimmed real low now it wont power up correctly with the 11.1 volts or the 22.1 volts it will hower work as it should with7.2 volts. I will check with Terra Lux see what the say.

thanks for the helpfull replys

Hi GLOCK18

I tested mine tle300m with 4 r123 at 14.8 volts in a 2D, run time about 22 mins each cell was 3.7volts at 1000mAh
But i was wondering what mAh the 300 uses but it does say in the info 6volt-24volts but gives no max mAh or does this bulb have some kind of volts and amp control built in?