Surefire E1B

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I am new to the forum, my question is where is the best place to get a good deal on this light and what is the best brand of battery and the cheapest place to buy them. I have heard the Surefires go through batteries quick, hopefully not as fast with the LED.

Thanks

Last edited:

chaoss

Enlightened
:welcome:Try Brightguy as well. You should be able to find one for $110.00 w/free shipping. Claimed runtime from Surefire is 1.3 hrs/80 lumens & 37 hrs/5 lumens. You can also do a search here for the E1B, lots of good info.

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
I am new to the forum, my question is where is the best place to get a good deal on this light and what is the best brand of battery and the cheapest place to buy them. I have heard the Surefires go through batteries quick, hopefully not as fast with the LED.

Thanks

No worry, you will be happy with the E1B and its runtime. Go and buy at Batteryjunction, Matt is the Dealer you are looking for.

Rainer

Patriot

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Another vote for Battery Junction.

I think you'll be happy with the run-time of your E1B. It's not like the 20-60 minute run-time of their incandescent lights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Thanks

Surefire recommends using their brand of cells, and for good reason. Other brands will work in an E1B. Just make sure the batteries are Made in America. Trust me on this, the last thing you want to do is buy cheap CR123 cells for your Surefire light. Avoid the cheap, Made in China, CR123 cells the way you would avoid an AIDS infected hooker.

Why?

Because of the numerous reports of such cheap cells literally exploding inside of flashlights. (Nope, not kidding).

There are several threads on CPF of that very thing happening. The cells which are Made in America are made with much tighter Q.C. standards than what you find in China. (AW being the only exception to that rule).

Want to save money on CR123 cells? Buy a case of them online, from Surefire. Average cost = $2 each.

You can buy the really cheap CR123s from China.... Personally, I'd rather not use something that could potentially turn my flashlight into a bomb.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought my L1 from Battery Junction. It came with 8 free batteries, and free UPS shipping! Here is the link to the E1B on Battery Junction's site.

I went with the same deal, but I wish they were USA batteries, like Panasonic, rather than Tenergy. I'd rather have 4 free Panasonic than 8 free Tenergy. Hopefully the Tenergy batteries are safe in a single cell light, I wouldn't want to trust them in a 2 cell light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I went with the same deal, but I wish they were USA batteries, like Panasonic, rather than Tenergy. I'd rather have 4 free Panasonic than 8 free Tenergy. Hopefully the Tenergy batteries are safe in a single cell light, I wouldn't want to trust them in a 2 cell light.

Are they Made in China?

If so, the most appropriate place for them is the garbage can!

"Here, have some free cells that could turn your light into a bomb."

Oh Gee, What a great f**k**g bargain! :ironic:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they Made in China?

If so, the most appropriate place for them is the garbage can!

"Here, have some free cells that could turn your light into a bomb."

Oh Gee, What a great f**k**g bargain! :ironic:

I think they are. They should be pretty safe in a single cell light, like the E1B, but doesn't SF recommend only using SF batteries in their light? Seems odd a SF dealer would include non-SF batteries with a SF light.

I'm just keeping them as backups for now.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my E1B from Mike at OpticsHQ, and I was very happy with the deal and the C/S. Call them on the phone and tell them you're a CPF member.

As for CR123As, see if your local Best Buy still has any Duracells on clearance at $2.99 per 2-pk. If not, my understanding from Kevin at Batterystation is that his house brand CR123As are now made in the U.S.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I found this site, brightflashlights.com . They have great reviews on ar15.com and great prices. The E1B for $90.00 shipped!!!!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice. You will pay about $110.00.
You may get a little off or some free batteries depending on where you go.
Make sure that where ever you order it from that they have it in stock.
I ordered one from a well known (on the cpf) seller and when it did not come in a few days I sent them an e-mail and it turns out they were out of stock and SF was slow in the resupply of it. My card was actually charged for the light even though it did not ship right away.
I cancelled the order and bought it from my local Gun Shop for $110.00. I did not mind not getting a few free batteries because I did not have to wait for the light. You need to balance your need for immediate gratification with price, shipping cost, willingness to pay TAX, availability...

No matter what you do make sure you have fun.
Like I said the E1B is a very good choice. If the E1B was my first Surefire I would be a very happy person. (My first Surefire was a 6P and still have it)

Yaesumofo

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think they are. They should be pretty safe in a single cell light, like the E1B, but doesn't SF recommend only using SF batteries in their light? Seems odd a SF dealer would include non-SF batteries with a SF light.

I'm just keeping them as backups for now.

Yup, Surefire recommends only using their cells in their lights. I have enough 2xCR123 lights to outfit a small army. Never had a single issue with any of the CR123 cells I've used. (I mainly use Surefire and Duracell brands).

Actually, there's nothing odd at all about a Surefire dealer including non-Surefire brand cells. I've seen it happen before. (Sometimes the dealer doesn't mention that the free cells being given away with the purchase of a Surefire light are not Surefire cells. But that's a huge clue right there.... Surefire cells are valuable because of the Q.C. and reliability built into them. Cheap, Made in China cells; that's a different story. They get included for free. You pay nothing for them.... And that's usually what they're worth).

To be honest, Wade..... I'd rather drink a large cup of your purified squirrel-water, than use Made in China CR123 cells. :D

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I just opened it up and and turned it on and I am impressed! It is alot of light in such a small package. It's my first Surefire and not gonna be my last. It will be my bedside light next to my Glock 19 and be clipped in my pocket alot of the time. My only concern is that it is so small, it's a little hard to hold on to, BUT it will serve the purpose I bought it for great.

It is everything I was hoping for and more and it is made in America!

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Hef. Good first choice. I also have the E1B and was very impressed by it. It is my first optics light. I had no intention of buying it until I played with it for about 2 minutes at a brick and mortar. I then had to have it.

Bill