Safety Specs?

kev1-1

Enlightened
My girlfriend is a dental student, she is issued with cheap, rubbish eye protection. Some of the equipment that she uses is potentially dangerous. I want to get her a good pair of safety specs (which also look good so that she will wear them!). I was looking at...

SPECS II

These seem perfect, I have e-mailed to see if they ship to the UK.

QUESTION...does any one have any other good recommendations or websites? Many thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to wear Gargoyles. These Specs II look just as good with 1/3 the price.
Since you can swap out the lenses, get a few extra. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jason

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a metal worker and have found that the best protection for the price that I use are made by Uvex. The Specs II pictured actually look like they may be manufactured by Uvex if that is the case you may be able to find cheaper pricing at an industrial supply like Northern Safety. Uvex makes many styles of safety glasses. The replacement lenses for them are cheap also. Elvex also makes some good ones.

High end protective eyewear is made by Wiley X but they are quite expensive. They are Issued to Spec ops. operatives in all branches and YES they are genuine issue as I have seen multiple pictures of operators wearing them in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on the Uvex. Good UV suppression, optical clarity and scratch resistance...all for about $12.00. Also keep your eyes open (pun) for Vaughan brand. Once removed from the box, closer examination reveals the word "Uvex" on the ear pieces. The difference....$4.00. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thank you very much for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Where did you get your Uvex glasses? I need a good dealer who will ship to the UK. You don't seem to be able to buy from Uvex direct and I couldn't find an e-mail to contact.

kev1-1

Enlightened
Cheers Wolfen! However, about 2 mins ago I placed an order with a company called CSP Outdoors who charge just under $7!! Hopefully not to good to be true...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Kev judging from the pictures it looks like the Specs II ($22) are the exact same glasses as the Uvex Genesis that you purchased for under $7 good job on finding a good price. You should only pay around $3 for replacement lenses. As PercaDan illustrated, Uvex manufactures safety eyewear for a number of different companies as well as the Govt. which is what the Specs II are I believe.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Cheers for all the info TSG! Yep, I was pleased with that price drop ($22-$7)! I e-mailed to ask how much shipping would be, but I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully its not much.