best source for Sanyo Eneloops?

kimck99

Newly Enlightened
Hi

My local Costco has 8AA + 4AA + Charger + 2C/2D adapter + case for $25.99.

If you are looking online, there are online deals sites that has some deals but they tend go get Out of Stock pretty fast. However, Thomas Distributing (TD) has a 4 Pack of AA's for $8.97. Granted that you will be charged for shipping.

But, if you purchase the Maha Wizard One C-9000 charger (considered the best charger on the market), TD has free shipping so you could purchase the Eneloop AAs and this charger for a great price an free shipping.

Perhaps there is a better deal out there somewhere on the Net but I've actually checked recently and Costco's combo kit or TD (AA + the charger) seems to have the best prices.

For me, I actually purchaesd the Wizard One from TD AND purchased 2 kits from Costco. Now I have two extra chargers from the kit :laughing:.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

William_H

Newly Enlightened
My local Costco has 8AA + 4AA + Charger + 2C/2D adapter + case for $25.99.

Is this the type of charger where you have to put the AAs in the C or D adapters in order to charge? I found the same kit on ebay for $40 shipped.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Wow, is a $60 charger overkill?

:huh:

I would've thought so until I took the time to read what some pretty respected members up here had taken the time to post on the subject. Once you do the homework; get over the price and maybe even invest in some good cellls at a decent price (on the same order) as these gentlemen have suggested...you really feel good as to the quantum leap that you've made in actually saving money with the latest technology.

kimck99

Newly Enlightened
Is this the type of charger where you have to put the AAs in the C or D adapters in order to charge? I found the same kit on ebay for $40 shipped.

Hi Bryan,

No, charger that comes with the kit only charges AA or AAA batteries. The C & D adapters are just "sleeves" for the AA battery to be used in the C/D required devices.

CPK

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up 2 packages (6xAA, 2xAAA) at Costco this week.

The rest of my Eneloops I got at a Canada-only retailer (owned by Circuit City) that was liquidating their stock of Eneloops.

FlaGator

Newly Enlightened
Wow, is a $60 charger overkill?

:huh:

If you have to ask, it is........

Admittedly, it's a charger for geeks, and it would be difficult, if not impossible, to financially justify the purchase on the basis of "improved performance" or "extended battery life" if you're using 8-10 rechargeables.

Between kid's toys, radios, cameras, flashlights, remotes, and storm spares (LSD only) there are nearly 100 AA/AAA circulating in my house. Little different deal, and the C-9000 is a handy tool to keep everything in good shape. At times, I wish I had a second one.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between kid's toys, radios, cameras, flashlights, remotes, and storm spares (LSD only) there are nearly 100 AA/AAA circulating in my house. Little different deal, and the C-9000 is a handy tool to keep everything in good shape. At times, I wish I had a second one.
I've got about 50 AA/AAA cells at the moment and opted to get a 8-bay MH-C800s as a second charger. It's not as advanced as the C9000, but does have a conditioning cycle and lets me charge other cells while the C9000 is doing more advanced and time consuming tasks.

FlaGator

Newly Enlightened
I've got about 50 AA/AAA cells at the moment and opted to get a 8-bay MH-C800s as a second charger. It's not as advanced as the C9000, but does have a conditioning cycle and lets me charge other cells while the C9000 is doing more advanced and time consuming tasks.

Looks like a very good option, thanks for the tip.

Any thoughts on the 800 vs. 801?

Bones

Enlightened
Any thoughts on the 800 vs. 801?

Here is MahaEnergy's side-by-side comparision of the two chargers FlaGator:

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/8compare.asp

The only significant difference between the two is the MH-801D is equipped with a heavy duty power supply, whereas the MH-800S is equipped with a standard duty power supply.

The heavy duty power supply gives the MH-801D a maximum charge rate of 2000mAh, whereas the standard duty power supply gives the MH-800S a maxium charge rate of 1000mAh, or half that of the MH-801D.

These charge rates are also the difference between what MahaEnergy has deemed the 'fast' charge mode and the 'soft' charge mode for the MH-801D, which they describe thusly:

The MH-C801D provides users with the option to choose between a soft charge and a fast charge mode.

The soft charge delivers the highest battery life and allows 100% compatibility with older, lower capacity batteries.

The fast charge allows eight batteries to be fully charged to their maximum capacity in around one hour!