do C9000's break?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to get a C9000. I'm UK based, so I can spend $60 (£30) when I get it from america, or $100 (£50) if I buy it from the UK. It's (obviously) very tempting to buy from america as it's pretty much half price, but if it breaks there's no way I can warranty it, which I could if I bought from the UK. Has anyone had a C9000 fail on them?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
TorchBoy is on his 4th unit. Not sure what the failures were though - Maha has stood behind the product though.

Wow, that is a nasty price difference for the exact same product.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
From a sample of one, my unit feels like a quality, well made product, and has been trouble free.

Regarding buying from America, you do have international shipping and the possible addition of VAT and import duty to consider. On the other hand, my unit says "made in Taiwan", so you've got to wonder where the high UK price comes from...

Anders

Enlightened
Hello Jarl.

I bought my C-9000 at thomas-distributing.com, some months later it didn't work so I contacted Maha here in sweden.

They told me that Maha has three years guarantee and sent me a new unit despite that it was bought in USA.

The freight from thomas-distributing.com is 30$.

Anders

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good news, Anders. Did you contact a maha dealer, or maha directly?

Mr Happy: I was planning on getting a few packs of eneloops whilst I was at it... they're £7 ($14) for a 4 pack of AA's over here, and $9 (£4.50) from the US. In the UK, we get ripped off, I've come to accept it (and order from the US whenever possible!).

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a mahaenergy.co.uk, so I should get the same service. Looks like i've decided now, thanks guys :)