Greetings! Solarforce L600-different bulb...

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
I recently contacted Kdoamin and inquired about the solarforce L600 and asked them about the bulb being overdriven and I got a response telling me that the current bulb beig used is a 9v. I really don't know wether this will affect the output of the flashlight . The batteries being used are
2 x 18650 3.7v.
The current bulb stated on the web is a Philips Focusline Series 7388 halogen bulb, I have no idea what 9v version there is. Can anyone help me here? i want to know who already has this flashlight and if there are any accurate speculations as to how this new 9v bulb will change the output, runtime etc..:sigh:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
All I can tell you is that I own an L600.... and it's a piece of junk.

As far as output with the older 7388 bulb, you're looking at about 225 lumens where it counts. (Out the front of the light, instead of over-exaggerated emitter lumens). Beam is also oval as Hell.

Runtime on a pair of AW 18650 protected cells is 35 minutes, until the protection kicks in and it's time to recharge them.

Hope this helps. :welcome:

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
thanks very much for that, do you happen to know of any flashlights similar to the L600 that do in fact have a decent output?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There's quite a few, actually.

How similar do they have to be to the L600?
Do you have a price range of what you'd like to spend?
And is a rechargeable option important to you?

Let me know, and I'll likely be able to give you at least a couple of good options.

I'm off to bed, but will check this thread after I wake up.

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
I'm willing to spend up to about $100. Preferably a falshlight that can take rechargeable and/or normal batteries. A flashlight in the LIR/CR123A range is good, a runtime at least an hour, can be Xenon or CREE, nice and bright, maybe 100 lumens or more. I know that you can't buy knock off imitations from other sites. If you want quality, you have to pay for it!
However, I was browsing brightguy.com and pts-flashlights.com and found an interesting array. What im aiming to buy is something half decent for military applications;) everyone here seems to be using the surefire 6P.
Im pretty sure there are better options.
I looked at these,
Fenix TK10
Streamlight Scorpion LED Tactical Flashlight
Streamlight NF-2 Xenon Tactical Flashlight

have a good sleep!
Thank you for your time!!!

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
OMG!!!!!:D It looks absolutely awesome!!:party: I'm seriously considering the Fenix T1. Do you happen know the best place to get it for a decent price? Im still cosidering the other 3 I listed before lol, :shakehead what do I do?!

Cheers! Monocrom please get back to me when you awaken!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom please get back to me when you awaken!

Well, considering your requirements; there are a few good choices indeed.

I don't recommend the T1. The TK10 has the same emitter, same output as the T1. (225 lumens out the front, if you use Surefire CR123 cells). That's impressive. But the TK10 is an improved version of the T1. Better tailcap, improved clip, better checkering. Go with the TK10 instead, if you want a T1.

Avoid the LED Scorpion. I have a Streamlight LED TL-2, 2nd Gen. model. Same emitter and output as the LED Scorpion. But both lights are only rated at 47 lumens. And those are emitter lumens, so the light isn't even that bright. Don't get me wrong, the output is very good, but it's an older light. Although a proven design, the TK10 will blow it out of the water, in terms of output.

And I actually own the Streamlight NF-2 Xenon model. It is possibly the worst designed flashlight I have ever seen. The hard plastic grip-ring seems to have been designed for some sort of alien from outer space. It's way too big, way too uncomfortable. And the tailcap switch makes no sense. A flush tailcap on a light with a grip-ring is like putting ice cream as a topping, inside of a roast beef sandwich. While trying to adjust the ring, I lost the tiny nut that helps hold the ring in place. So, I tossed the ring in the trash. Without it, the NF-2 is actually a very handy light with good output. Small and light weight.

I've never ordered from Pacific Tactical Solutions, but the site has an excellent reputation on CPF.

Another option would be the Sniper model from Wolf-Eyes. Designed to fit the same role as a Surefire 6P. And it can run on one 18650 or two CR123 cells. (The other lights mentioned are not rated for use with rechargeable cells. I've heard that the TK10 can run on two RCR123 cells. But can't confirm if anyone has run those rechargeable cells successfully in the TK10). The tailcap switch is a bit soft. But other than that, a good light that is available in both xenon and Cree versions. Good bang for the buck.

Here's a review.....
http://www.light-reviews.com/we_sniper/review.html

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

The Fred

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for all the help!
I think that I"ll be getting the TK10 and a set of tenergy (as advised by fenix-tactical.com ) RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh of rechargeable batteries although if you look at the thread I left in the LED flashlights section there was quite a bit of discussion as to what rechargeable batteries you can use in the TK10. here is the thread.
Also is fenix-tactical a reliable source to buy my TK10?
(just wondering as I haven't really seen it before)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194456

Cheers!:thumbsup:

mdocod

Flashaholic
If you are planning on rechargeable, why not a DereeLight that can support an 18650... similar brightness, slightly bulkier design, but will have double the runtime compared with 2xRCR123s.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are many lights you can look at. The Fenix T10 is a good one(8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8"), but there are many other ones that might work well too.

Dereelight is good because they support the P60 style drop-ins and the 18650 battery, price is also pretty good. The 6P is good because it supports the P60 drop-in (heck, it was the one that started it all, the P60 drop-ins that is) and is from a well known company. Wolfeye is another good company, so is Fenix, Lumapower, Olight.....

The T10 works fine on 3.7v RCR123 batteries as many have stated on your two other threads. The driver can handle 12v, which is much higher then 2 fully charged 3.7v RCR123 batteries(4.2v each so 8.4v total).

(this thread might be better in the general section, since it has moved away form Incans)

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
.... Also is fenix-tactical a reliable source to buy my TK10?

Happy to help. :)

When it comes to Fenix lights, the two best sites are www.lighthound.com and www.fenix-store.com

Those places have two of the best reputations out there. I would only buy from a different site if those two were sold out of TK10s.

Gunner 12 already mentioned the discount code at the Fenix-Store.

The discount code for 2% off, at lighthound = CPF.

I have ordered from Lighthound a few times with zero headaches.