• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

P7 Driver in the works?

Supernam

Enlightened
Hi Wayne,

I was wondering if there is a possibility of making beefier boards for the P7. Size would not be a big issue since there's a lot of room in Mag bodies (which I assume most people will be using for the P7), perhaps a rectangular shaped board would work.

It would be awesome to see a GD2800. This would be great for 3 or 4 subC/C/D NiMh's. Currently, I can't imagine using multiple GD1000's. It would be expensive and a pain to wire and mount.

Icarus made a P7 mag using 2 DB1500's which is pretty neat. I would love to see a single board running at the spec'd 2800mA. I assume that if it were made, it would cost less than using 2 boards.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Supernam

Enlightened
I saw it. It's quite impressive. I think there's a good number of people who are just trying to muster the single P7.

Here's a quote from Wayne from the above posted thread- "Making a buck converter that will drive 4A is doable as is using ICs with internal switches. Output currents over 4A would require external switches. A buck design is simpler than a boost."

This is what I'm hoping for. It would be really nice to use 2/3 C/D LiIons, or a whole bunch of AA's. 9xAA is pretty easy these days.

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
What would work with a Single P7 powered by a single AW "C" sized Li-Ion cell? Would the standard Shark + Remora work?

-Ed