2300 mAh LSD Batteries - First time I have seen these.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting find. :thumbsup:

Perhaps THIS is why Sanyo Eneloops are getting "cleared-out". :whistle:

I admit, that's only wishful-thinking on my part.

:)

_

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually picked them up last week. I just got them today, but haven't even tried it out yet. I'm hoping someone has insight on them. I could test to see how the runtime is in my Fenix with the 2300mah vs the eneloops. I won't be able to do it until next week though.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The trend with NiMH cells is that higher capacities lead to less robust cells with shorter lifetimes, lower available discharge rates and higher internal resistance. So higher capacity numbers for LSD cells are not necessarily the best thing to wish for. What is gained in one area may have a cost in another...

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
The trend with NiMH cells is that higher capacities lead to less robust cells with shorter lifetimes, lower available discharge rates and higher internal resistance. So higher capacity numbers for LSD cells are not necessarily the best thing to wish for. What is gained in one area may have a cost in another...

Exactly! That explain the difference between the Eneloop and the Rayovac Hybrid. The latter has a slight advantage in capacity but an higher internal resistance and lower shelf life.