Aftermarket map lights?

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
Many years ago I gave my Osram pilot to a friend and I have been missing it. I'm getting tired of reading in my car with a Opalec modded MM on a head strap. Is anyone using a decent map light?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Osram Copilots are terrific. I love mine. The Copilot "M" is the one that plugs into the cig lighter. The "L" and the "K" are for hardwired installation. You can get 'em from Candlepower (no relation to this site, and an ugly page...search on it for item number 41510.)

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
Many years ago I gave my Osram pilot to a friend and I have been missing it. I'm getting tired of reading in my car with a Opalec modded MM on a head strap. Is anyone using a decent map light?

What kind of car you have? and what year? Most automakers use the 194 type bulbs for map lights... use can get them at www.v-leds.com. They got 194 bulbs of varying brightness and color, though i assume you want the white ones.

I got the 6LED whites, and they are good enough for me. If your map-light housing is big enough, you can fit one of them circuit board types with the 194 adapter if you wish, they are much brighter.