Raidfire / Dereelight / Tiablo ?

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Thing about the DBS is there are so many different versions, 2SM and 3DS I think it is and god knows what else. Which is the one to go for? I must say I really do like the look of the Derelee lights, and I also think the Tiablio looks shexshy (I'm scottish, think Sean Connery).

And although I have read really good reviews of the Raidfire Spear (would you believe for AGES I read it as Rapidfire....) I just dont think it looks anywhere as sexy as the DBS or the Tiablo.

Funny story, I had a dream about a Tiablo product, now this is BEFORE I knew about their model names/numbers, so I didnt know that they had an A8 or an A9. But I went to the store to look for binoculars (I have a 'fetish' about a lot of things), and I chose a few to test out and out of those ones there was one called Tiablo A8 and that was the best out of the lot. Found that weird when I found out about the torch.

Sorry, a little sidetracked there, the bad thing is, I thought these throwers would have been REALLY expensive but in comparo to the likes of the TK10, they're not all too bad (which is a bad thing cos I know I wont be able to hold back).

I'm thinking DBS and/or a Tiablo, which one(s) would you guys recommend and then which model, and why?

What makes it worse for me is that I havent a clue about these "18650" batteries, are they readily available? I've never seen them anywhere? Does the DBS V2 come with a recharger? Or do I have to buy a recharger for the 18650? What's better, the CR123A or the 18650? (I did try a search but couldnt find anything).

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all 3 lights. I like the DBS V2 the best because it's the easiest to upgrade. In terms of throw: DBS>Spear>Tiablo. The DBS has at least 5 different pills you can get for it. They are ~ $30 and it's as easy to change as the batteries.

All the different DBS versions use the same flashlight body, it's just different pills. I have 3 different pills and my favorite is the 3SD. Here's a link to the pills: http://www.dereelight.com/pills.htm

The Tiablo has an A8 optimized for an 18650 or an A9 optimized for 2 CR123s or 2 RCR123s.

An 18650 holds ~ twice the amount of energy as a CR123.

None of the lights you are interested in come with a charger. Take a look at Lighthound for AW batteries and an Ultrafire WF-139. You can also buy these direct from AW in the CPFMP in the Dealers Corner http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177100.
PM me if you have any further questions.
Good luck in your search!!:wave:

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Click on the link I gave you. It's the brass piece. It contains the LED, driver circuit, heatsink, and spring.

The best part of Dereelights is to upgrade, you unscrew one pill and screw the new one in (to the bottom of the reflector) and your done with the upgrade(~30 seconds).

With most lights when a better bin(brighter) LED comes out you either have to get a new light or break out the soldering gun. With the DBS you just buy a new pill ~ $30.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Dr Forinor, I had the same problem, trying to pick between those three lights. I really like the easy upgrade ability of the DBS, but in the end, I ordered the Raidfire, cuz to me, it's the most sexshy by far. :twothumbs

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the DBS V1, DBS V2, and Raidfire Spear. Out of those, my favorite is the DBS V2.

DBS V2 offers easy upgrades, reconfiguration, has a pocket clip, easy access forward clicky switch, and the best throw.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Wow, looks like the best one to go for is the DBS V2 then (no offence cheetokhan). The only thing I dont like is the fact I'm going to have a recharger on top of all the torches (I dont mind buying more CR123's as I wont really tend to run out that quickly since i dont really have a need for them, its just the "awe" factor).

Decisions decisions...

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1SM-1 pill has an input voltage up to 6.0v(2 CR123s). You can always get a digital pill when a better LED becomes available.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
The 1SM is the 1 Stage Multi isnt it? But I dont understand how it's multi when its just one setting? Or am I completely misunderstanding the whole thing?

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Wow, looks like the best one to go for is the DBS V2 then (no offence cheetokhan). The only thing I dont like is the fact I'm going to have a recharger on top of all the torches (I dont mind buying more CR123's as I wont really tend to run out that quickly since i dont really have a need for them, its just the "awe" factor).

Decisions decisions...

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

I'm not offended. I'll probably end up getting a DBS as well. :grin2: I keep seeing more and more posts showing outdoor beamshots and it looks like the DBS is the standard that everyone compares to.
But I still think the Raidfire is one of the best looking lights I've seen.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Can someone explain what is meant by the 1-stage Multi Power?
Multi power source not multi level IE: able to use Battery Type: 1x18650, CR123A's, RCR123's

1SM-2(1-stage multi power) Cree XR-E Q5 Pill (16V max)

• Input Range: 3~16V
      • Output Range: 1A
      • Battery Type: 1x18650, CR123A's, RCR123's
      • Features:
        • constant output at 4.5~16V.
        • recommended use 2xCR123A,3xCR123A or more

Last edited:

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Multi power source not multi level IE: able to use Battery Type: 1x18650, CR123A's, RCR123's

1SM-2(1-stage multi power) Cree XR-E Q5 Pill (16V max)

• Input Range: 3~16V
      • Output Range: 1A
      • Battery Type: 1x18650, CR123A's, RCR123's
      • Features:
        • constant output at 4.5~16V.
        • recommended use 2xCR123A,3xCR123A or more

Lol, thanks for that, I may be a little stoopid but I'm not blind, haha.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
And although I have read really good reviews of the Raidfire Spear (would you believe for AGES I read it as Rapidfire....)

holy crap! i always thought it was rapidfire, too!:oops:

thanks for pointing that out.

actually, i like rapidfire better than raidfire.

in any case, i have a dbs v2 and couldn't be happier with it. i just ordered the maxpedition ufbs holster for it from lighthound because i feel like i need to baby that thing every time i take it out of the case.