Impressions of the Jetbeam Mk I IBS

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Jetbeam Mark I IBS from Bugout gear. I admit I have a soft spot for Jetbeams since my first light I got started with was a Jetbeam CLE V2.

First off the HA of the head is a totally different shade, it's two or three shades lighter. Personally I like the light this way. To each their own. The light is brighter than my Nitecore DI on Rayovac Hybrids. (based on side by side comparison) My flat top Black protected AW 14500's didn't work in this light, the battery is too long so the tailcap can't make electrical contact. Touched a wire from the negative pole to the end of the body tube and the light worked so I know it's the length of the battery.

The UI is simple to set and is very versatile. You can program to start at you favorite level and set the other two where you want.

Maybe the production light has revised electronics because the light has been running on 50% now as I type this for over an hour and a half as I type this.

The run time issue with the 50% setting may be due to the light having a nearly identical output level at 50% or at 100%. (brightness judged by eye)

Beam is sort of a tight spot, narrower than my Nitecore but wider spill. This may be the reason why the light seems brighter than the DI. I also like the feel of this better in my hand or pocket than the DI. (personal preference again)

I am going to try this as my new EDC for awhile and see how it goes.

lyrrag

Last edited:

JETBeam

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Jetbeam Mark I IBS from Bugout gear. I admit I have a soft spot for Jetbeams since my first light I got started with was a Jetbeam CLE V2.

First off the HA of the head is a totally different shade, it's two or three shades lighter. Personally I like the light this way. To each their own. The light is brighter than my Nitecore DI on Rayovac Hybrids. (based on side by side comparison) My flat top Black protected AW 14500's didn't work in this light, the battery is too long so the tailcap can't make electrical contact. Touched a wire from the negative pole to the end of the body tube and the light worked so I know it's the length of the battery.

The UI is simple to set and is very versatile. You can program to start at you favorite level and set the other two where you want.

Maybe the production light has revised electronics because the light has been running on 50% now as I type this for over an hour and a half as I type this.

The run time issue with the 50% setting may be due to the light having a nearly identical output level at 50% or at 100%. (brightness judged by eye)

Beam is sort of a tight spot, narrower than my Nitecore but wider spill. This may be the reason why the light seems brighter than the DI. I also like the feel of this better in my hand or pocket than the DI. (personal preference again)

I am going to try this as my new EDC for awhile and see how it goes.

lyrrag

Dear lyrrag,

As to the issue about battery you mentioned,if the battery is too long when using protected AW 14500 batteries,you may try to cut the spring on the light bezel a little bit.Or you may try some shorter 14500 battery.

Best Regards,
JETBeam Group
R.Z.