My G2 is serving proudly in Iraq

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well my good friend PFC Brian Owens came home on a 3 week leave and left with something extra. He is a Helicopter Mechanic and said that it would be nice if he had a small, bright flashlight to help him do his job, and I told him I think I can help him out with that one :cool:. I showed him my lights, let him try them all and he said well what is the brightest one you have, I said well currently that would be my G2 with a P61 in it(My G3's bulbs got lost somehow). And he said, yeah I liked that one so I said well than it's yours :thumbsup:. I did warn him that he will only get 20 mins. of runtime with the P61 installed and he told me that he has access to free Surefire batteries on the base, needless to say I was jealous :whistle:. So my little G2 is now proudly serving in Iraq helping to keep my friend safe, and his job a little easier.

-Evan

germanshepherd

Newly Enlightened
well first off Thank you to your friend for his service and keeping those birds flying safe..
Nice to see a G2 out there in the field earning it's keep. Now only if I had that endless supply of surefire batteries :drool:

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
Cool story. The Surefire doing what it was meant for military duty. Good luck to your friend. Send the story to Surefire they give out a prize for the best story of their lights.

lyrrag

LumenMan

Enlightened
Lightguy 27,

That is a wonderful story. May God Bless you & your friend, & may you have a lifetime of Good Karma ! :thumbsup:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was an electronics tech in the USMC. Wish they had some nice lights back in the day. We were supplied with 2 D incans. :sick2:

Good story. I'm sure he will get some good use of it.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a G2 this week. Fantastic little light, and a very inexpensive entry into the Surefire product line. When I have finished playing with it, I will mount it in my parents' caravan to replace the seriously aging 2xAA light that they have currently.

I now EDC a Surefire E1e, with the Lumens Factory high-output bulb and AW Li-ion cell. It is approximately the same output as the G2, albeit in a smaller form, and with half the runtime.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
We just sent him a HUGE care package. It had 100 choclate chip cookies, 100 oatmeal and 100 sugar cookies, candy bars, gum, DVD's, and lots of pics, he will be one happy soldier. And thank you for supporting him guys.

-Evan

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Evan,

Great story. I wish your mate success and speedy return on his mission. You did a good thing by giving him your G2 , god knows he'll need it more than you, lol.

Regards
Steve

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely taking mine when I head over there...w/ a P-60L (to get longer run time), along with my G3, OD Inova 24/7 w/ headstrap and an attached PT Pilot, and my Streamlight Sidewinder w/ helmet mount. Oh, and to the author, thanks for fessing up an EXCELLENT tool for a fellow warrior...they definitely deserve the best, and that's what he got! Hu-ahh! :rock:

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.!!!!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an army green G2 years ago that I sold and really miss for some reason. I almost picked up a replacement the other day. I've been thinking about a G2Z instead though lately.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well at the moment my G2 with a P61 was the brightest Surefire I had. And over there he has access to free batteries so runtime was'nt an issue. That is what I would have taken if I had unlimited batteries.

-Evan

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well at the moment my G2 with a P61 was the brightest Surefire I had. And over there he has access to free batteries so runtime was'nt an issue. That is what I would have taken if I had unlimited batteries.

-Evan

Don't lie to me. With an unlimited supply of batteries (and not having to pay for the light of course) you would have an M6 :crackup:

At least that is what I would do. Mmmmm, 18 cells and hour. Supplies would just love you :devil:

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Don't lie to me. With an unlimited supply of batteries (and not having to pay for the light of course) you would have an M6 :crackup:

At least that is what I would do. Mmmmm, 18 cells and hour. Supplies would just love you :devil:

:ohgeez: You got me.... Well yes if I were over there I would have an M6, as well as a Beast II. But for someone who did'nt have a flashlight at all before a G2 with a P61 is plenty bright.

-Evan