Black Moon LTD
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Default Re: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jep View Post
    sorry newb question, what is this? looks like a couple lights in one? thx
    This is a rather expensive ($2000) custom light called SPY Tri-V.
    My website with flashlight, battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 200 battery reviews and 80 charger reviews.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Enlightened

yikes lol, thanks for the info! very cool looking piece as well!
    "quitting smoking is easy, i've done it a hundred times." - M. Twain

I'll just leave this right here.

Would love to hear the story behind your Night-Ops Gladius.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post

Would love to hear the story behind your Night-Ops Gladius.
    The knife and the Gladius accompanied me to Afghanistan and got worked. Quick recap of the Gladius earning its keep. July 2008, we were convoying to a firebase in the southernmost portion of our AO. Last MRAP hits a pressure plate IED, blows front end off, catches fire, crew evacuates. MRAP in front of them turns around to provide cover, promptly hits another IED. We set up a perimeter. Army, in its infinite wisdom wont send in an airstrike to destroy the damaged MRAPs so we get to watch them for a few days till they can get a recovery crew out there (we were in the absolute middle of nowhere). We've got 17 or 18 guys. no heavy weapons (all our heavy stuff burnt up in the one MRAP to be carrying everything). First night, Team Taliban brings it. We held them off and suffered no casualties, miraculously, but we called for reinforcements and more ammo. Our reiforcements was a platoon of polish from the closest FOB, about 4hrs away. These guys are crazy, we saw them coming miles away because they rolled with lights on, and lots of them. When they got close, the platoon commander was trying to find a way to signal them our exact location. I said, "I've got a bright ass light with strobe". He said, let me see it, told the polish to look for a bright white strobe. They found us, and then promptly hit another IED.

Anyway, the Gladius and knife are some of my most prized possessions and have now been relegated to safe queens. They may be a little rough around the edges, but both work perfectly.

Evilgrin07 Re: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Tiny but "Mighty" handy ...

Last edited by weklund; 09-13-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    ....."Happy Landings".....

Duplicate post
    Last edited by machtig; 09-10-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Couple more

S&W 625-8 .45ACP Revolver, Jetbeam Jet-I Pro V3, Leatherman Skeletool CX

Kimber Custom TLE-II .45ACP, Jetbeam Jet-IIIM, Kershaw 1670BLK Ken Onion Design assited opener.

I don't have anything fancy like some of you guys... but this is what I'm carrying at the moment... Only the LaGriffe and P'Kal stay constant... I also always wear my Bowen Belt Knife, but it doesn't photograph well. Oh yeah, and I've been keeping that DQG Tiny II or whatever on me as well... If you've never owned a P'Kal or a LaGriffe, you're missing out on the two best concealable tactical blades on the market... I used to sell knives exclusively and nothing compares... sorry Emerson guys!

Last edited by shao.fu.tzer; 09-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by machtig View Post
    The knife and the Gladius accompanied me to Afghanistan and got worked. Quick recap of the Gladius earning its keep. July 2008, we were convoying to a firebase in the southernmost portion of our AO. Last MRAP hits a pressure plate IED, blows front end off, catches fire, crew evacuates. MRAP in front of them turns around to provide cover, promptly hits another IED. We set up a perimeter. Army, in its infinite wisdom wont send in an airstrike to destroy the damaged MRAPs so we get to watch them for a few days till they can get a recovery crew out there (we were in the absolute middle of nowhere). We've got 17 or 18 guys. no heavy weapons (all our heavy stuff burnt up in the one MRAP to be carrying everything). First night, Team Taliban brings it. We held them off and suffered no casualties, miraculously, but we called for reinforcements and more ammo. Our reiforcements was a platoon of polish from the closest FOB, about 4hrs away. These guys are crazy, we saw them coming miles away because they rolled with lights on, and lots of them. When they got close, the platoon commander was trying to find a way to signal them our exact location. I said, "I've got a bright ass light with strobe". He said, let me see it, told the polish to look for a bright white strobe. They found us, and then promptly hit another IED.

Anyway, the Gladius and knife are some of my most prized possessions and have now been relegated to safe queens. They may be a little rough around the edges, but both work perfectly.
    That's a helluva story. I own a Night-Ops Gladius as well. It's also a shelf queen. But unfortunately for different reasons. It let me down when I needed it. But thankfully not in a similar situation.

Thank you for your service in helping to keep all of us safe. It's appreciated.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    That's a helluva story. I own a Night-Ops Gladius as well. It's also a shelf queen. But unfortunately for different reasons. It let me down when I needed it. But thankfully not in a similar situation.

Thank you for your service in helping to keep all of us safe. It's appreciated.
    Thanks Monocrom. My gladius was repaired once. Had a strange issue where the light didn't light up, so I put fresh batteries in it. They immediately got so hot I could barely touch the light. Sent it back to night ops where I think they replaced the switch in the tailcap. Other than that she's worked like a charm. Even took her diving with me in Guam, seals are known good to 120ft (original instruction manual says they're good to 135ft).

Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

Really nice photos of your equipment guys! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFABRICATA View Post
    Love the finish on that .357Magnum. Very nice. The light isn't too bad either.

Weklund,
    Love that Baby Browning! Old-school baby!!!! I used to carry an Inka but switched to the PicoPen or whatever it's called because it's smaller. Now I'm thinking of getting one of those titanium Valiant jobbies... If business ever picks up!!!

Shao

Evilgrin07 Re: Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

Quote Originally Posted by shao.fu.tzer View Post
    Weklund,
    Love that Baby Browning! Old-school baby!!!! I used to carry an Inka but switched to the PicoPen or whatever it's called because it's smaller. Now I'm thinking of getting one of those titanium Valiant jobbies... If business ever picks up!!!

Shao

I have been collecting guns for many years and this "Baby" was one that I picked up that was a little rough. I hard chromed the frame and parkerized the slide. Tuned it up and gave it a little action job. Excellent little pocket pistol Cal .25 and highly concealable. Very reliable for a tiny semi-auto. My favorite is the Kimber Compact. Good luck with you Valiant quest ....
    Last edited by weklund; 09-14-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    ....."Happy Landings".....

Enlightened

budget edc lineup lol, zippo is awol at the moment...

have a coast mini tac and sipik sk68 on the way. buck knife has been on my key ring going on 9 years, love it. happy w/ wenger watch. got it for 60.00 2.5 years ago and been solid. coleman 3xaaa light that was a backup/garage light untill i lost led lenser, coleman has also been reliable for last 2 years

Last edited by Jep; 09-16-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    "quitting smoking is easy, i've done it a hundred times." - M. Twain

Thought I would add to this .... Top to Bottom Left to Right the items are:

EagleTac T20C2 MkII, Springfield XD 9MM, Kimber Pro TLE II, Maglite 3D in Urban Camo, Surefire 6P Defender, Gil Hibben Raptor.

So cool stuff, fight or self-defense

Beautiful collections guys. I'll show you mine as soon as I'm allowed.

This is my favorite thread on the forum. Please keep sharing your photos of your lights, pistols and blades.

This is my 2 tone CZ 75B 9mm, it is equipped with a Crimson Trace lasergrip.
    My 1000 lumen Torchlab triple neutral, in a Cryos and FM round body.
    And I am not that into knives, but this benchmade Ti Pika II is the nicest one I have so I threw it in as well!

Last edited by brandocommando; 10-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Well mine is just a cheapo modified 1377 Crosman air pistol hehe!

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...C77_Black/2502
    Last edited by crossliner67; 04-23-2012 at 05:30 AM.

You Can't Fix STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    :evil:
    Hey brother, soooo when are you coming to visit?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Well i would but i have no money 😨. Spent all the above on the car. 😒

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    Can you put on a longer bar, add a butt, and use it as a carbine?
    I realize this is an old post, but what's funny is if you do that in the US, the ATF will charge you with illegally manufacturing a short barrel rifle
    Chris