Maxpedition Thermite leg strap

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
I own a Thermite Versi-Pak by Maxpediotn. It is a solid little bag with two issues.

1. The leg strap got lost when I put it back in the velcro holder while having dim-sum at a resturant. I did not notice that till days later.:(

2. The pully string came loose somewhere and got lost. :(

I would like to know if anyone else can help me out on this where I can find Maxpedition products in Toronto, Canada? Prefer in the GTA. I know there is a seller on Ebay that sells the leg straps but I think after the shipping costs, duty, customs, brokerage fees and taxes it would come to something like ~$18-20. :sick2:

I also would prefer to get it locally if possible so I can use it right away. It is a damn good bag for the leg drop while mountian bike riding. Also it is a good man-purse to keep some kit in to keep the pants lighter. If anyone makes comments about the man-purse look while you're shoulder carrying it I find when you leg drop it everyone suddenly stops making joking comments about it. :naughty::devil:

I would prefer in Toronto to save on S/H charges. I originally got my bag from Daves Army Surplus but they never returned both my emails. -.-;

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: I do hope this is the right forum to post this. If not then MODS please let me know which forum to post in for future reference.

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Try Lighthound

He sells the black one but he can get other colours in stock in around a week.

Don't know about shipping costs though but they shouldn't be too much.

To replace the zip pull just buy a length of 550 cord from lighthound as well

Then cut to length, melt the end with a heat source & attach to the zipper.

You could get a matching colour or get a contrasting colour.

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
How is the shipping from LightHound?

I'm in Canada. Anyone in Canada got anything from LightHound before? NIce $11 flat rate USPS. I hope I don't get raped on like $10 in customs/duty/taxes for a $20 item (not including S/H). :mecry:

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Ordered from Light Hound

Ok, just ordered the leg strap yesterday and it shipped same day if I recall right. Anyways, it's $11 USPS to ship the strap only but I ordered some paracord (My damn zipper went loose and lost that zip pull :(), and the mini rollypoly for the 1L water bottle holder or I could use that for to quickly put my gloves and bike light in while I'm on a quick stop/go to places.

I like how Lighthound sent me an email with the tracking number, order review, and noted that they would 'mark it as a GIFT and lower the declare value' to so us Canadians don't have to get bent over AGAIN! I did manage to take advantage of the 2% discount code (not much savings tho but savings is savings) by entering 'CPF'.

If the order goes through good without any issues I may buy from them again. I ended up paying $19.00 flat rate shipping because of the other items.

The one bummer thing is that the mini rollypoly needs to use short MALICE clips to attach to the bags or belt which LH was sold out of. They had better not charge me $11 flat rate USPS to ship those as the item costs $5 and they are so thin and small it would fit a legal envelop with a $1 (or whatever the mailing postage is now a days) postal stamp to me.

Hoping to see the stuff by Friday or Monday next week.

PS: Lighthound also takes creditcard, Paypal, and Paypal via creditcard (so none of your financial info goes to them).

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
I was just checking out the Maxpedition COLOSSUS™ Versipack on this site that ships from Toronto.
http://www.fenixtactical.com/maxpedition-products.html

Good luck...If you find a better Toronto or Canadian place, let me know.