HELP ON MOD ING MY SUREFIRE 6P

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
i have a question. i am about to order the bug out Cree Q5 Drop in module 230 lumens for my surefire 6p. do i need to do other things to support it or no? what batteries should i use? whats the runtime on it? replies are greatly appreciated

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use standard 2xCR123 primaries or you can use rechargeables like 2xRCR123s or 1x17670.

On primaries, you will get about 60-90mins full power, then about 2-3 hours of diminishing output. The RCR123s will give you a bit more output, but less run time, something like 45-60mins full power, then about an hour of diminishing output. The single 17670 will have the lowest output, but its runtime will be similar to the primaries.

BTW: ONLY USE PROTECTED Li-On cells. This is because using unprotected cells the LED module will discharge the cells below 2.8v, which will damage the cells permanently.

A good thread to read before using Li-Ons.

i have a question. i am about to order the bug out Cree Q5 Drop in module 230 lumens for my surefire 6p. do i need to do other things to support it or no? what batteries should i use? whats the runtime on it? replies are greatly appreciated

Last edited:

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire 6P and two Surefire C2's and i have tried many different P60 Q5 drop ins. Before ordering the Q5 from Bug Out you might want to consider a Dereelight P60 module. You can buy this with both smooth and orange peel reflector and if you buy the multi power P60 module, you can use both rechargable CR123's or two primaries and even put this module in a Surefire C3.

You can use the smooth reflector for good throw or you might like the orange peel reflector for more up close applications.