Surefire Logo on my M3T

uhsodium

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
I've been reading this forum for a period and deeply attracted by Surefire flashlights, finally I bought myself a second hand M3T.
After searching more and more pictures of surefire flashlights I've found that the SUREFIRE logo on my M3T is different to others. Heard that there are some copycat M3T, I start worrying I've been cheated:(

Is the logo on my M3T fake or there existed an old version?
Thanks for the help:grouphug:

download.php

Happy Legoing

Greg_Jones

Newly Enlightened
It's the real deal, just an older logo. If you look at the current G2 lights you'll see that they still carry that design. I expect that SureFire thought it more trouble to change the molds for the G2 than what it would have been worth to have the new logo on it. Link to picture of G2 on the SF site.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
You have the real deal, it is just an older M3 that carries the older etching design of the target style logo of Surefire instead of the current logo that is two arches. I also noticed that the charger cradle on my new CN-400 B90 charger from surefire also carries the older style logo. This light for sure is the real M3T.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire's got a lot of stock still out there as "new" that carries the old logo.

I went looking around the local Surefire dealers for a decent holster, and noticed this everywhere I went.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it can be called the new or old logo, they just seem to have different logos. The current G2Z does not have the crosshairs logo like the G2.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hi everyone,
I've been reading this forum for a period and deeply attracted by Surefire flashlights, finally I bought myself a second hand M3T.
After searching more and more pictures of surefire flashlights I've found that the SUREFIRE logo on my M3T is different to others. Heard that there are some copycat M3T, I start worrying I've been cheated:(

Is the logo on my M3T fake or there existed an old version?
Thanks for the help:grouphug:

download.php

Happy Legoing

Why did you black out your serial number?

-Evan

Illum

Flashaholic
cool, you are now an owner of a piece of Surefire's history as "laser products"
you should be proud of that light.

btw, on the forum we sport our serial numbers:grin2:

generic808

Enlightened
Don't worry about the seller, I'm sure he would understand.

You should see how many different etching variations of the 6P platform are out there.

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
When did Surefire start using the 2 arch logo instead of the cross-hairs,
or did they do a gradual switch and some lights still have the cross-hairs?

Last edited: