is there any flashaholic here that doesn't like Lightsabers?

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know, like the star wars lightsabers. is there anyone here that has a flashlight fetish and doesnt also think that lightsabers are awesome? and does it work vice versa? do we need to get more star wars fans over here?

someone make a lightsaber flashlight please. with an insanely tight beam, and exactly 1 meter of throw. very blue tint is ok.

:popcorn:

Empath

Flashaholic
Since you asked; I really really really like flashlights. Lightsabers don't impress me at all. I don't see the relationship other than someone could pretend a flashlight was a lightsaber.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
my gf would break up with me if i started talking about lightsabers, she already thinks a flashlight habit is weird.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
many times i have thought...if i had three wishes, one of them would go to "i wanna have a real working lightsaber"

Crenshaw

Burgess

Flashaholic
Being 54 years old,

i really have no interest in LightSavers.

:whistle:

_

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I love them. They do require some willing suspension of disbelief when you see them in movies, but if you can manage to stop thinking "this would never work" every two seconds the saber fight scenes are very enjoyable. :p

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
nah they take these special crystals that give each saber a different color.
no batteries needed it's powered by the force!!

Lumenz

Enlightened
Who says you can't have a lightsaber?

I think if I actually had a lightsaber, I would be missing several limbs right now and my home would be covered in scorch marks and there would be gouges in every wall.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
nah they take these special crystals that give each saber a different color.
no batteries needed it's powered by the force!!

Jedi Crystals are natrual, and you have to travel to its homeworld to get a crystal of a certain colour. sith crystals are synthetic,and therefore usually come out red.

Lightsabers use a rechargable battery, most of them just one big cell (think AW rechargable cells, but not C, but D format)...but more complex designs can use multiple cells ( think fivemega's 6- 2d holder). Qui-gon Jinn's (THE coolest jedi, along with Mace Windu) green lightsaber used multiple cells.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber

:)

as you can tell, im a starwars fan

Crenshaw

jugg2

Enlightened
Being a light and knife nut, a lightsaber would be awesome! Like crenshaw, if I had three wishes one would be a lightsaber lol.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
Jedi Crystals are natrual, and you have to travel to its homeworld to get a crystal of a certain colour. sith crystals are synthetic,and therefore usually come out red.

Lightsabers use a rechargable battery, most of them just one big cell (think AW rechargable cells, but not C, but D format)...but more complex designs can use multiple cells ( think fivemega's 6- 2d holder). Qui-gon Jinn's (THE coolest jedi, along with Mace Windu) green lightsaber used multiple cells.

Crenshaw

hahaah i joking iono anything about lightsabers other than that the crystals they use affect the color

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the closest we can get, is with a light with and extremely tight beam, and a fog/smoke machine built into it...

Alternatively, 1w laser anyone? the only problem is fixing the length...

the sad thing about lightsabers, is that they most probably will never exist regardless of technology, simply because the physics behind a laser blade like that makes no sense.

Crenshaw

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
I always thought of them as a large plasma torch in a magnetic bottle. You probably could eventually make a device like that. Not really a practical weapon though.

From Wikipedia:
Plasma is an effective means of cutting thin and thick materials alike. Hand held torches can usually cut up to 2 in (48 mm) thick steel plate, and stronger computer-controlled torches can pierce and cut steel up to 12 inches (300 mm) thick. Formerly, plasma cutters could only work on conductive materials, however new technologies allow the plasma ignition arc to be enclosed within the nozzle thus allowing the cutter to be used for non-conductive workpieces.
Since plasma cutters produce a very hot and very localized 'cone' to cut with, they are extremely useful for cutting sheet metal in curved or angled shapes.

Of course those machines are rather large.

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

Crenshaw

it just got a whole bunch of nerd up in here...