Streamlight Scorpion LED and TL-2 LED Impressions

Streamlight flashlights > Inova flashlights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocketman

Enlightened
I have written in another thread on my recent disappointment with my new Inova T3-MP but I would now like to share my very favorable impressions of my new Streamlight Scorpion LED and TL-2 LED lights.

Both these lights came with the new C4 led and both are advertised at 120 lumens brightness. I have no way of knowing whether this advertised brightness is correct but they do seem very bright to me. The beams are very nice but not quite perfect as my Inova beams are, there are a few slight discontinuities in the center spot but these are really quite slight. Otherwise, these lights are superbly constructed and I can happily say the led's are centered, something I think we should all expect in a well made light.

I have not done any runtime tests, I just wanted to say that I am quite favorably impressed with their construction and functioning. I am a corrections officer and carry an Inova Bolt 2A and the Scorpion (C4) LED daily in my work.

I'm thinking maybe a very slight diffuser lens might be nice to try on my Scorpion, I don't think it would get too warm. It's not needed, I just like those perfectly smooth beams, call me silly.