Space Needle II - Do you like it?

ledlurker

Enlightened
I received my W2 Space needle two days ago. I can light up trees up to 150 yards away. I am very happy with Charlie Wong's work. My W2 does have a few blue streaks in it but you only notice when you are lighting up a white target that is very close. I am thinkine of getting another C maglite reflector to mount the 30 mm optics from Elektro Lumens. I am thinking I can cut the reflector down enough that will allow me to epoxy the collminator in. Any thoughts or suggestions

ufokillerz

Enlightened
the Colliminator won't do you any good being that i dont think any colliminator has more then 90% efficiency. The Reflector will work best.
I am also very happy with my W2 Space Needle II, remember to get a UCL for it, it'll make it even brighter. I'll be bringing my Space Needle II down to do some transit work next week because the space needle II is the best that i have.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh...i wouldn't epoxy the collminator..

they are designed to use their plastic and air as a reflective surface, and contact other than in the suggested places would be detremental to the beam.

i don't know how the mag reflector compares directly to the 30mm optics, but i think the beam from the mag to be equal or greater.

is there any specific reason you would like to use the 30mm's?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that the optics will only make the beam more diffused, more flood, that is. However, if you prefer more flood rather than throw, then the idea of using the reflector AND the colimator will works nicely. The beam that you will get will be flood with a brighter overall beam, though slightly but still noticeable, compared to using the optics only. I don't know about the 30mm optics, but i tried using reflector from the mini mag, cut it and use the NX05 optic in front of it. The beam is brighter than only using the optic.

ps. Great you like the space neddle. Though i did not own one, i am sure the quality is the best on its class. It is one of the creation from Mr Bulk anyway, so the quality is top notch. Oh money, where are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

ledlurker

Enlightened
I was just curious to see the difference in between the relector and the collminator. I have a spare reflector sitting around and since this W2 is a high dome I just wanted to compare with the same platform.

BTW, I am quite happy with the light the way it is.

Craig's site claims over 3,000,000 mcd with the Space needle II

JOshooter

Enlightened
This W2 sounds impressive, maybe you could pass the blue streaks off as "speed lines" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Plus that would match the name perfectly..."The new Space Needle II is an improved version of the Space Needle I, only if you act now will we include our 'Speed Lines' absolutely free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif"

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
led-lurker said:
I am thinkine of getting another C maglite reflector to mount the 30 mm optics from Elektro Lumens. I am thinking I can cut the reflector down enough that will allow me to epoxy the collminator in. Any thoughts or suggestions

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be wasting your money and degrading your light.. The 30mm collimator won't perform anywere near as good as the Mag's original reflector.

Mags have great reflectors to work with. Save your 30mm optic for use in a light that doesn't come with a decent reflector.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a flashoholic, I have written some very long posts.

Let me say, very simply, that the SN2 from MR. BULK as close to "flashlight perfection" as I have seen.

I am still hoping for a "wide beam" version, but this light produces a big, perfect spotlight 4 and 500 feet away.

And the WHITE, SNOW WHITE color, and perfect round beam, is, perfection.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
This is, BY FAR, the best FLASHLIGHT I own.
This thing outshines my 6Z in light and distance.
I was impressed with my 5w Megacyclops, but this is in its own league.

I impressed quite a few people at my last shoot.
Some still don't believe its an LED.
Another guy tried to tell me his SureFire led head was that bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif He didn't like me when I laughed. I'm pretty sure I'm not shooting with anyone that has connections to Surefire.....

J

Jonpsyc

My first post. I recently ordered a blaster VI. How does the spaceneedle 2 compare to the blaster VI in brightness. <font color="black"> </font>

darkgear.com

Enlightened
I posted a review here.

Here is one of the pics from that post...

sniivsnvnn.jpg

fuja

Newly Enlightened
I also bought Space Needle II recently.
Reaching is very the enjoyment because it has not reached yet.

I also have BlasterVI.
I was seen to be the brightest 20-30 meter point of the light of BlasterVI caused by 30mm optics. (Light reaches as much as 50-60 meters or more.)
A bright range, I thought it was wide.

Since it is thought that Space Needle II brings light together in a center more, it is expected that the brightest point becomes in the distance more.
(Though a bright range seems to narrow. )

It aspires an early arrival of Space Needle II.
I want to compare it more by all means with BlasterVI.

I am sorry to be not good at English.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
darkgear.com -

Nice review. I like the beam-on-tree shots. I assume they are necessary with the ever increasing power of Mr. Bulk's renderings. What's next? I also liked this :

Chronology of a *Spaceman*

I take it that SNIIs are no longer available ?

That's a shame about Heidi.

Thanks.

crackerjack

Newly Enlightened
No, I can honestly say I don't like it. I** LOVE** it, would better describe it. It is the whitest, brightest, light I have, with a perfect usuable spot and plenty of sidespill.On the rifle range I can see the mound and 200 yard target and everthing between .It out performs my 9P, no contest.I can honestly say the SpaceNeedle 11 for weight and performace is at the top of my list.I thank Mr Bulk for this excellent work.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
After reading this thread, I'm really starting to feel that I missed out when I had an opportunity to get a SNII when Mr. Bulk created 10 of them during his vacation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Man, what was I thinkin' ?!

I must've been asleep during the whole introduction, but I didn't know it was powered by an LED - if that's the light that's being produced, then WOW comes to mind...

-Jim

Latest posts