which flashlight do you use with your gun?

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
just want to see which is the most popular flashlight that people, in particular LEO, use with his gun...I have seen in most series like CSI/NCIS/Criminal Minds/... that the most used is the SF M4...

is that true or is just hollywood?

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Texas, we say "which gun"?

In the UK, we say, "What gun?"

If I had the luxury of choice, I would probably attach a Surefire G3 with 200 lumen lamp assembly. From my experience with air-guns, I would not want too much weight up front. It would throw the balance (and thus my ability to aim straight).

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the UK, we say, "What gun?"

If I had the luxury of choice, I would probably attach a Surefire G3 with 200 lumen lamp assembly. From my experience with air-guns, I would not want too much weight up front. It would throw the balance (and thus my ability to aim straight).
That's what I use with my carbine, a dependable G3.

Brigadier

Enlightened
For concealed carry in public:

standard.jpg

For at home on the night stand, the 9P:

standard.jpg

I don't use anything with a reverse clicky.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Glock GTL10 mounted on the front tactical rail of my Glock 19 for home/personal defense. Its output seems on par wth a Surefire G2 incan. In a dark house, I really wouldn't want too much brighter out of a weapon light. With night adapted vision, my GTL10 is almost too bright around the house when it hits white walls when using it in short 2-3 second bursts.

Just an observation I've made :whistle:

Luckily I've never had to use it yet.

Robert

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends upon the gun and flashlight I have with me if and when I need to use them together. If it is around the home, most likely it will be my Inova T1 which sits beside my bedside .45. Out and about it could be anything from an Inova X0, or X5 to my Streamlight Stylus or worst case a Fenix L0PSE with the Makarov, Kel-Tec PT3AT, or Ruger SP101.

USM0083

Enlightened
On duty, a G2Z with a R2 cree, in a V70 holster on my weakside. On my AR-15, a TLR-1.

Off duty I EDC a Fenix L2D CE, but keep a G2L in my car and a WF-500/HO-R5 in my bag.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M4 is pretty Hollywood. I sometimes wonder what the CSI people were thinking when they chose a light with a turbohead to be used for up close examination work. :confused:

DieselTech

Enlightened
In Tennessee, we also lean toward "Which gun?"

The 870 shotgun has a Surefire foregrip/ light combo assembly on it. For anything outside the house (the dogs getting into something down in one of the fields, etc...) that has me grabbing one of the rifles I get the M6. For EDC, I have my E2D. I don't really carry it "with" my handgun, but it's the one most quickly available should I need the Glock and a light at the same time, as my 36 doesn't have a rail on it.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
In the bookcase headboard of my bed, next to the quattro cinco is an E2L Outdoorsman "error light" from the long departed Tactical Warehouse. They were supposed to have been a SF "screwup," and consisted of an L2 "dumb" head on the E2L 2-cell body. Not too impressive on primaries, (except for runtime) but an L4 whupper on RCRs!

It replaced an M6/MN21 on my theory that more photons sooner before pupil contraction = greater "leopard syndrome." :D

Larry

Pistolero

Enlightened
For concealed carry in public:

standard.jpg

I don't use anything with a reverse clicky.

G2L ? Does surefire make clips for them now? And is that a GITD ring on it too?

My nightstand light is a Brinkman Maxfire LX. It's the only forward clickie that I have. The backup light is a RiverRock 3Watt 2xAA light.

Was thinking about a Olight T20 or a Fenix TK10 as an upgrade.