Help me identify this light

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
No Idea as you proably well know there are hundreds of aisa companies that just "try" to make a flashlight they get a little info and build 10,000 as cheap as they can then re tool for a completely different product (i.e. clip boards or e-brake assemblies) these I consider a waste of time to even bother with. Personally it looks cheaply built (just my .02)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a 'Dork Ops' clone. Oops I mean Dark Ops - mall Ninja junk. It's officially called the 'Dark Ops HX15 Hellfighter' which is a Xenon light but it looks just like the eBay one. Don't waste your money.

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to all the other comments ... the Panasonic CR123a battery on the photo looks like a knock-off. There were several posts from the Electronics section that mentioned these batteries vented and blew up their flashlights.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a the Dark OPS Hellfighter X15. I currently own the Dark OPS X15 and the X12 and they are the same light except the X15 has a glass breaker on the head. They came with Xenon lamp assemblies and I replaced them with a Cree drop in that I got from Lighthound I believe. The Dark OPS lights I have use standard drop ins, can use 17650 lithium ion rechargeables, and are built like tanks. They are also made in the USA which is becoming a rarity. They are built like tanks. Some would call them overbuilt but I like that!:devil:. They are even a bit heavier than my Wolf Eyes lights! I love both of mine and I think they were worth the $100.00 and $80.00 I spent on them. Apparently a lot of folks on this forum do not like them because of the way the company markets them.

Mike

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, I also have a Hellfighter X8 and it is more of a standard sized Tactical type light. I currently have a Surefire 6P led in it and really like it. It is nice and heavy just like the X12 and 15. All three of my lights also all came well lubed!

Mike