I just became the proud owner, today, of a GatLight V3 Tuxedo flashlight and I was hoping some other GatLight V3 users would be able to answer some usage questions.
1. With the light off and set for the lowest dimmable position (let's call this Zero degrees) and then after you click your light on and start rotating the knob (CCW, with light pointed away from you and the knob facing yourself), does it seem that you only reach maximum brightness (fresh duracell 3V primary lithium cell installed) at around 270 degrees?
2. From Zero to about 180 degrees the light stays fairly dim but then from 180 to 270 degrees the light VERY quickly ramps up to max brightness. Is this normal behavior? Or should the ramping being more linearly spread from Zero to 270 degrees?
3. With a RCR123 cell installed, the GatLight seems to reach maximum brightness at around 330 degrees of rotation. Is this normal? With the knob rotated that far out, do I have to worry about it falling out? It seems very loose at this point, i.e. pressing on the on/off switch causes the brightness knob to wobble a bit in the threads -- is this behavior okay?
4. I've cleaned the threads as described here:
but when I rotate the brightness knob the light seems to "pulse" from it's current brightness back down a significant amount. Again is this normal behavior? For example from Zero, I turn to 90 degrees fairly rapidly and the GatLight will ramp up in brightness but then it will fairly quickly drop noticeably dimmer, almost as if I had only turned the knob to only 45 degrees.
5. Does Lumencraft still offer to send out the correct grit sandpaper to self-polish the 12 Titanium rods in the GatLight? I have noticed the long scratches on the rods as described in the same thread from above about cleaning your GatLight (post #886).
Thanks in advance for your collective expertise.