What size GTID rings for my 120P?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. I've surfed the posts but haven't found the answer yet.

What size GTID rings should I order from Lighthound and how many? I have ordered the UCL glass from flashlightlens.com to replace the current window, size 22.61mm x 1.85mm. I read somewhere though that I'd need to place a ring under AND over the lens in order to have it fit in the housing correctly. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Dan

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere though that I'd need to place a ring under AND over the lens in order to have it fit in the housing correctly. Can anyone confirm this?

The GITD ring is not a requirement. There is a ring there already (black) between the reflector and the lens. I don't think your going to get one to stay in place above the lens between the bezel. Good luck.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you had bought your lens from lighthound.com, you would not have needed to add any O-rings. The thickness of the glass replacement that lighthound sells for the Novatac is the same as the original plastic lens. There was another thread on CPF where someone had a bought a thinner glass lens elsewhere and needed to add an O-ring. I am not sure about the thickness of the lens your supplier is selling. You will have to see what they send you.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
ASk Sigman over at the CPFM - he's the master glo-ring man.
Master? :ohgeez: I just try to supply them (though I did retire as a Master Sergeant out of the USAF...and have been called quite a few "other things" thoughout my life! :crackup: )! Read my "sizing comments" at the bottom of the 1st post in the sale thread:

(Note: It appears the measurements are taken from the center of the rubber to the center of the rubber, with a thickness of approximately 2mm. Example: A 22mm ring would have an inside diameter of 21 mm and an outside diameter of 23mm. These measurements are approximate, as there can be differences between batches. Most folks are orderng a variety of sizes (or a Sample Pack) to determine what fits their specific applications. They are quite stretchy as well. Please note that the "size fits" comments above are suggestions from members. If I had all the lights I'd like to "test fit", I'd be able to provide more specific information.)

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. I've surfed the posts but haven't found the answer yet.

What size GTID rings should I order from Lighthound and how many? I have ordered the UCL glass from flashlightlens.com to replace the current window, size 22.61mm x 1.85mm. I read somewhere though that I'd need to place a ring under AND over the lens in order to have it fit in the housing correctly. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Dan
I ordered both 3/4, and 7/8. They both work, but I like the fit of the 3/4 better.

With the 22.61 x 1.85mm you only need one o-ring. As BabyDoc pointed out Flashlightlens also has a thinner lens on clearance (.98mm thick) that requires two o-rings to hold the lens firmly in place.

Last edited: