Fenix L2D options, or another light?

smg

Newly Enlightened
First question.... If I get the Fenix L2D, should I get the Q5 version or the Rebel 100 version?? Eliteled.com still has the RB100. What are the pros/cons? Tint, smooth beam, etc.?

Second, is there a good alternative to the L2D now? Must take 2 AA batteries, good regulation, good build quality, under $70, prefer HAIII, at least 2 brightness levels (low, runs for 30+ hrs > high, outputs 150+ lumens for 1.5+ hrs). Rev/Forward clickie does not matter in this light.

Thanks!!

snala

Newly Enlightened
yeah the L2T that Fenix-store sells too. It's cheaper ($47), has two power levels, a forward clicky now and outputs what you wanted in lumens and even more in runtimes as it's a Q2.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
First question.... If I get the Fenix L2D, should I get the Q5 version or the Rebel 100 version?? Eliteled.com still has the RB100. What are the pros/cons? Tint, smooth beam, etc.?

Second, is there a good alternative to the L2D now? Must take 2 AA batteries, good regulation, good build quality, under $70, prefer HAIII, at least 2 brightness levels (low, runs for 30+ hrs > high, outputs 150+ lumens for 1.5+ hrs). Rev/Forward clickie does not matter in this light.

The Rebel has a warmer tint, but they had a production problem, only buy the rebel if your get a good guarantee.

The Olight T25 is an alternative, but I do not know much about it yet.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2d q5 is very good...alternative is T25 here and this review here of it, fenix will have better runtime and T25 will have a bit more output less runtime and both have different UI on how to select levels so that may be a factor as well

smg

Newly Enlightened
yeah the L2T that Fenix-store sells too. It's cheaper ($47), has two power levels, a forward clicky now and outputs what you wanted in lumens and even more in runtimes as it's a Q2.
Thanks. I had originally considered this light. However, I don't need the forward clickie and I have heard it might be less reliable than the reverse clickie. I might as well get the L2D with a higher high and lower low.

The Rebel has a warmer tint, but they had a production problem, only buy the rebel if your get a good guarantee.
Thanks. Should I get the L2D with the textured reflector, instead of the smooth reflector, in order to get a smoother output? Is it that big of a deal in real-life usage?

The T25 lights are a little spendy for me now, but they are great options.
ETA: Oh! I looked at that link. I didn't realize it could be found for under $70. I will consider it.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think all L2d q5 have textured reflector , doesnt matter cuz its great either way:thumbsup: so go order away " cpf8 " coupon 8%off at fenixstore

HKJ

Flashaholic
Should I get the L2D with the textured reflector, instead of the smooth reflector, in order to get a smoother output? Is it that big of a deal in real-life usage?

On the L2D the OP reflector is not really a big deal, the beam still has some rings.
Comparing my P3D SMO and the L2D OP, I can not say what is best!