GatLight V3 driver in a V2 model?

NoBS

Newly Enlightened
I have a V2 and a V3. How can I remove the V3 driver and install it in a V2 model (like the planned upgrade should do)?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you like to see what the upgrade would do, simply remove the v2 driver which is easy to do.

To remove a V3 driver we suggest using a dental explorer/hook to grab the rubber ring that is located around the gold contact spring. It is rather deep so best to get in from the outer rim..then pull it out. Once the ORing is out the driver slides out (however you have to remove the screws in the back to get it out). Then simply push it into the V2 with the oring - same way it was installed in the V3.

The result is a pretty amazing improvement in the V2s... you'll see. I suggest to get our upgrade once we start selling it.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
the v2 upgrade is moving along, Kyle is working on the roughly 70 extra drivers we've had made and he should have them ready within 2 weeks... we'll then put'em up on our website where people can order them for their v2's.
Since we've made quite a few more v2 its likely a good idea to order sooner then later. We'll send out an email to all the v2 orders...
Price is still open. Then this will be obviously the latest driver with the high efficiency LEDs...

wbp

Enlightened
the v2 upgrade is moving along, Kyle is working on the roughly 70 extra drivers we've had made and he should have them ready within 2 weeks... we'll then put'em up on our website where people can order them for their v2's.

Did this ever happen? I have a V2 in need of an upgrade.

Thanks,
William

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had mine for weeks and I give it a big thumbs up!!! If you love your V2, you defiantly want this upgrade. :welcome:

Cheers
Dave