What light to buy for 10-15 people?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking at getting the other line technicians on my crew a decent light so they don't have to ask me to borrow my Surefires (lol). So far I'm considering the Fenix E01 for the job. I would have to wait till all the colors are available though so I can let people pick them. Of course the theres' the DX keychain lights I could get them. I can't believe I ordered 2 of those Fenix E01s. I try my hardest to by only US made, but that light for that value pushed me over the edge. I wish Surefire or another US manufacturer would come out with something comparable.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were you, I would check out a Streamlight Microstream.

It has a much whiter beam than an E01, has a bezel down pocket clip, a nice beam, can be had for about as much as an E01, a forward clickie, if you press the button down it will lock on. It looks at least twice as bright as an E01.

I've been edc'ing mine in my pocket since I got it, and it is very useful. I think it would be ideal for a technician, it can be held in your mouth pretty easily...

The only thing I can think is that it won't tailstand.

Streamlight is an american company.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'd go with either the the MicroStream or the Fenix E01. Just beware, the MS does not perform very long on an alkaline cell. It excels using a lithium L92. If you want to engrave the light, go with the E01. It has some nice surface area for custom engraving. Some place like a Things Remebered store could possibly do that. Given what I've seen so far, I would personally take the E01 over the MS.

- longer runtime on any type of cell.
- tailstanding.
- twisty that's not hard to activate like the MS' clicky.

Delta

Enlightened
River Rock has a 2XAAA light at Target with a 1/2 watt LED...very similar to the Streamlight stylus in size and light. It's actully not a bad little worklight for $10.00.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hello,

What about the Inova Bolt (2AAA or 2AA) or the Streamlight Stylus Pro (or the Microstream)?
The Bolts seem rather sturdy.

Kind regards,
Joris

x2.. my target had an open box 2AA bolt. VERY nice, sturdy robust light. How about Pelican?

Incan Minimag with a USA made drop in...perhaps?

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or just get them the minimag 2aa led, 3aa if they don't mind the size, then charge them $10 to DOUBLE the output after they used them for a while.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened

It has a much whiter beam than an E01, has a bezel down pocket clip, a nice beam, can be had for about as much as an E01, a forward clickie, if you press the button down it will lock on. It looks at least twice as bright as an E01.

I've been edc'ing mine in my pocket since I got it, and it is very useful. I think it would be ideal for a technician, it can be held in your mouth pretty easily...

Might be an American company but the packaging on my Streamlight Junior says "Made in China"!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be an American company but the packaging on my Streamlight Junior says "Made in China"!

Yea, most of the Streamlights I've seen for a long time now have been made in China. There may be some Streamlights that are still made in USA though, not sure.

Snow

Enlightened
Call Steven at Spyder Tactical and ask him about some Peak Matterhorns. I am positive if you want to order 10-15, he will give you a great discount. You will not find a higher quality AAA light, and they are made in the USA.:thumbsup:

cv3po

Banned
I'd have to say the Streamlight Microstream also. Those 2-AA Sams Club lights look nice but they are a bit too powerful for many tasks that a techie would need a torch for. Plus they are a bit large for EDC outside of work. The MS has plenty of output for most tasks, mine gets 3 hours regulated on a NiMH and they are tiny and lightweight so they'll always have them on their person. If you look on Ebay you might find a deal for 10+ units and I think they will be a big hit with your cohorts. Good luck!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

excellent suggestion! I love my ARC AAA-P and Fenix L0D CE, yet that Microsstream is an outstanding value. I EDC my L0D/MicroStream combo!!!!!

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the Streamlight Microstream suggestion. I'll have to look into that and that energizer 1AA I saw in target the other day...