small handheld that takes 4aa's or aaa's?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
What I would really love is a small flashlight, say about 5-6 inches long with a straight barrel, something the shape and length of maybe the fenix l2d or the inova x5, but twice as thick so it can take four batteries instead of 2 and have a really long battery life. So: 5-6 inches long, uses 4 aa's or aaa's, and hopefully puts out approx 75 lumens. Does this exist? I don't think it does, but here's hoping.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closest thing I've seen lately would be 8.5" with 170 lumens. Don't pay any attention to the claimed runtime though...
4AA can be found on a few headlamps, but it really isn't a popular flashlight design.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
yeah I saw that and was interested at first but it seems a bit sketchy. I have trouble buying its claim of 67 lumens for 155 hours for one, and plastic casing? blecch. Also, you are not the first person I've heard give bad reviews of the streamlight brand and I've only been on this forum for a few days.

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
yeah everything about that p14 seems a little dubious too, plus at that size my dorcy terminator is already satisfactory although only 120 lumens not 170....I also hate how few specs battery junction gives on their lights, if I am spending 100 bucks on a light, I want to know everything. Oh well, I guess I really just wish fenix made an l2d with a fatter barrel. Thanks for tracking those lights down though.

Last edited:

Latest posts