P3D Add-ons

learnyee

Newly Enlightened
I had just got a P3D-CE Q5 recently, it is a small light but powerful and fantastic. Since then I had been looking high and low in web and CPF for P3D add-ons, eg IR filter, strike bezel but no avail (except the diffuser selling at Fenix store). I had started to look for my 2nd flashlight and I found the SF 6P seems good to me, there are tons of drop in, filter, body and things related to 6P but not for P3D.
Am I missed out something or there is nothing much I can do for P3D?
Can someone point out a lead for me to start?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The P3D isn't a light meant to be upgraded to be "tacti-cool". It has a red filter and diffuser, which is handy for camping and suck. An IR filter would be next to useless on any LED light, as white LED's product almost no IR whatsoever.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Unfortunately, there is nothing out there for the P3D. The only pocket clip I found for it came off another flashlight - the Rayovac 3W Sportsman Extreme.

maxpower419

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 cell tactical body and a strike bezel got the strike bezel from tadgear.com but they seem to be sold out...its a nice setup for self defense you get the 200 lumens and disorienting strobe + bezel... I have been thinking about selling my setup, ill let you know if it goes up for sale if your interested

learnyee

Newly Enlightened
:oops:I see, I guess I just had to stick with the originality of the P3D then. About the IR filter, I saw it from some forum that someone built an IR illuminator from their flashlight, so I thought by slapping in an IR filter to my P3D I can get something similar, since P3D is a powerful light.

hmm....maybe I can just get another P3D, if I can get a headband (or custom made one) which can hold both of it just above my ears level, couple with a H30-Q5....that should make an ultimate throw & flood headlight:naughty::naughty::naughty:

now...the headband and the H30-Q5......

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
A jakstrap works for a headband, although it's a tight fit. It was designed for a minimag, but it does work.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I had just got a P3D-CE Q5 recently, it is a small light but powerful and fantastic. Since then I had been looking high and low in web and CPF for P3D add-ons, eg IR filter, strike bezel but no avail (except the diffuser selling at Fenix store). I had started to look for my 2nd flashlight and I found the SF 6P seems good to me, there are tons of drop in, filter, body and things related to 6P but not for P3D.
Am I missed out something or there is nothing much I can do for P3D?
Can someone point out a lead for me to start?

The P3D is an excellent light (my most used on a daily basis), but it sounds like you also have the flashaholic's desire to play. Get yourself a cheap 6P for that. They're the Ford of flashlights. With so many 3rd party upgrades, drop-ins and screw ons available, you can have a lot of fun customising it for any need.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
As Roymail suggested, I bought the 3x123 Tactical body for my P3D. I run 2 Li-on 17500s in it. It is a great set-up, and the length is the same as the L2D CE/Q5. If you don't mind your P3D being longer than stock, this is a nice way to go.

H.D.T. = Happy Dark Trails