Any alternatives to ARC AAA?

frank777

Enlightened
I'm looking for a brighter flashlight than my Arc AAA-P, but it seems like all the ones out there (such as the LF2) are significantly longer or larger in diameter.

I'm looking for the following:

Single AAA flashlight
Similar in size to the Arc AAA
Using a Cree XR-E or P4 or similar high efficiency LED
NO strobe or SOS.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

txmatt

Enlightened
How much are you willing to spend? There was a long waiting list for Millermods Arc which is an Arc with a 2-level (high/low) Cree mod done to it. Exactly the same form factor you have.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Jet-U is the only AAA light of similar size with a lot more power, but it's out of production. I would recommend a light which has modes, but puts the SOS and Strobe at the end of the menu so you never have to cycle through them. ie. LOD Q4

kavvika

Enlightened
KD "Buckle" v4. 1-mode, AAA, ~100 lumens for around 40 minutes. The Q5 version is around $23.

Centropolis

Enlightened
KD "Buckle" v4. 1-mode, AAA, ~100 lumens for around 40 minutes. The Q5 version is around $23.

Do you have this light? I am waiting for KD to mail me mine. How bright is it compared to a L1D Q5? Is it close or not even close? Just want an idea. I wanted a AAA light that's brighter than a E01.

frank777

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions! I just ordered the KD Buckle.

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolf Eyes is coming out with the Angel. If you want to spend a lot, you could get the ARCMania from lighthound.

frank777

Enlightened
OK, NOW see what you guys have done to me? I just ordered the LumaPower Avenger EDC AAA as well. Geeeeeeeze, am I addicted, or what?!

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
OK, NOW see what you guys have done to me? I just ordered the LumaPower Avenger EDC AAA as well. Geeeeeeeze, am I addicted, or what?!

Nah, if you were really addicted you would have ordered the Tiablo A1, Tiablo MA1, and the ARCmania from LightHound and justified it to yourself by saying, its ok cause any purchase over $75 from LightHound gets free shipping. Hehe.

frank777

Enlightened
Nah, if you were really addicted you would have ordered the Tiablo A1, Tiablo MA1, and the ARCmania from LightHound and justified it to yourself by saying, its ok cause any purchase over $75 from LightHound gets free shipping. Hehe.

Lol..... thanks, I feel better already!

:D

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Baltic AAA HA-III aluminum with SSC P4-U LED. I have been using mine for 6+ months as EDC and it always works and no modes to remember. Costs $50 and is larger although staggeringly brighter than the Arc AAA, can run 1xAAA, 1xAA or 2xAAA with momentary or twistie switch.

Run mine on an eneloop and beat it on a daily basis at work. Nice tool...