Where do you store your lights?

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I Store My Lights In A Gun Safe. I Do Not Keep Batteries In Any Of Them.(Except My 3 EDC Lights)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep the majority of them in my "supply" dresser, which includes enough batteries/MRE's/first aid/survival gear to survive a nuclear winter. Did I forget to mention flashlights as well? :grin2:

e2x2e

Enlightened
Next to my bed in a drawer...but they're outgrowing it! I'm getting an estimate for an addition tommorow :) (J/K)

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
a few next to my bed, on a (low) shelf. a few in my EDC box. some in my mini-BOB inside my work bag. a bunch around the house in random gear bags and on shelves. some in my BOB. some in my camping gear. total pain to assemble them all to take pics!

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I keep all of my lights stored safely away in my walk-in closet.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several scattered around the home for easy accses in case of emergencies. The ones that I retired are stored in a briefcase size pelican case.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like xcel730, scattered around the home. The Mac Mini-HID is my personal household use light and can usually be found standing upright on my home office desk. An M4 serves as the general household use light and and stands upright in a corner on the family room coffee table. A Freeplay Jonta sits plugged in along the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Two standing M6-CBs on either side of the bed are topped off every two weeks. The PH50 is stored vertically and outside its case next to one of the M6-CBs. G2s with Dereelight assemblies are stored in the glove compartment of every car in the household.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights, batteries, and some chargers have their own 4 drawer dresser in my room. Any lights that don't fit are under my captain's bed. The most used lights go on my desk.

aussiebob

Enlightened
I keep all my lights, batteries, chargers etc together on my shelf in the T.V room. Whenever anyone sees it they ask what there all for:twothumbs.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Some of you guys give out way to much information. There could be people on this forum who know where you live, and now know where you keep your expensive lights. Its like asking someone "where do you keep your cash". Some of the lights you guys have are worth $$$.

Steve

lyrrag

Newly Enlightened
In a BOB bag, 2 on my person, 1 in the car, night stands and a old glass door video center for a majority of the collection.

Ironwood

Newly Enlightened
I'm fortunate to have a room in my house that's just for me. So...shotguns on the wall, custom knives in a glass case, flashlights on a shelf (except for the Raw Ti that's always in my pocket) and Peter Atwood tools on my desk. Life is good.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Lights are mostly kept in the "gear closet" along with other outdoors stuff.

I've started pulling alkaline batteries out of my lights that are being stored -- don't want a leak (same goes for lights in survival kits or in vehicles). So now it's lithium batteries or Eneloops in most lights and electronics.

That being said, I've had good luck with Duracell and Kirkland (Costco) alkalines not leaking so far.

Spare lithium cells are kept in a Lock 'n' Lock container on the shelf.

Burgess

Flashaholic
( cue the music . . . . )

( The Beatles: Here, There, and Everywhere )

That pretty much sums it up. :D

_

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lower end lights scattered around the house and in the cars. My nicer lights are in one of my dresser drawers and my batteries, chargers, spare parts etc. are in my work room. And of course there is always one "stored" in my pocket.;)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The better lights are usually out of sight. The rest are scattered around, but mostly in the workshop or next to the bed. I've had them neatly arranged in boxes or drawers, but I kept running out of space.

Geoff

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you guys give out way to much information. There could be people on this forum who know where you live, and now know where you keep your expensive lights. Its like asking someone "where do you keep your cash". Some of the lights you guys have are worth $$$.

Steve

I think the people on this forum know how it feels to have their lights stolen and would never want to be that person. Some of my lights have been stolen before at work and not by a flashoholic. The person stealing my lights was an unenlightened jerk looking for a quick buck at my expense, not someone who spends thousands of dollars on flashlights per year. For anyone who steals our lights, let's give them the flashoholic curse.
It should go something like this. "May you be blinded for life by looking into any one of my lights on high. May you be arrested and put in an insane asylum when the judge hears that you broke into a house just to steal flashlights. And may you be confined in a dark room for the rest of your life without a flashlight."

Latest posts