List of "Vampire" flashlights i.e. battery drainers

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once bought one of those Brunton 2 in 1 flashlight lanterns. That light SUCKED bigtime. Ooops, I digress. My bad...

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Well the only "vampire" I'm familar with is the Inova X5, of course I was educated on CPF, but I have left CR123's in it for days waiting for it to go out and got tired of waiting. Can't remember the voltage reading on them but it was low.

P.S. Why you eating popcorn! :shrug:

yekim

Enlightened
I like using my Dorcy Super 1 watt for killing off 123's. I used to have (eventually trashed) a Nuwai 032L (http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_alx-352_alx-032.htm) that had a parasitic drain.....that was the type of vampirism I thought you were asking about when I clicked on the thread.

I would think some of the cheap, direct drive 123 lights from DX would also be good to drain out 123's.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
doesnt the E0, arc-aaa and HDS also do this? can anyone verify?

i meant for this to be within a survival situation + need a light to use up all the nearly-depleted batteries laying around...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Old hds lights and most likely the new ones too will drain a cell down to nothing.Novatac lights will not.

roymail

Enlightened
SMJLED PR based bulb in any PR based flashlight (host).

Mine is in a 2 AA host. When the AA's in my digicam expire, I put them in my SMJLED light and it shines like new for a very long time.

It's definitely a runtime winner! Pick up a couple of these $6.99 babies with you next order to Lighthound.

2D cells will give you an insane amount of runtime.

With e2 Energizers, I hope you're not in a big hurry to replace batteries! :thumbsup:

cv3po

Banned
SMJLED PR based bulb in any PR based flashlight (host).

Mine is in a 2 AA host. When the AA's in my digicam expire, I put them in my SMJLED light and it shines like new for a very long time.

It's definitely a runtime winner! Pick up a couple of these $6.99 babies with you next order to Lighthound.

2D cells will give you an insane amount of runtime.

With e2 Energizers, I hope you're not in a big hurry to replace batteries! :thumbsup:

+1, put one of those in a 2-C/D mag and the batt's will probably pass their expiration date before the light runs them down...............

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Not a flashlight but Wayne's Tanklight is perfect for sucking those almost dead batteries dry. I'm saving all my old CR123s for when I order mine.

roymail

Enlightened
Crenshaw, don't know how I missed that other thread, but I did... sorry! But, probably others did, too. Take care, buddy. :grin2:

Latest posts