Desert Longbow

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
Ok I just picked this up and the shiny black anodizing annoyed me so... I KG Gun-koted it a color called Flat Dark Earth. I like it MUCH better this way.

As compared to a Novatac 120P.

LongBow006.jpg

LongBow001.jpg

LongBow013.jpg

LongBow010.jpg

LongBow005.jpg

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Yapo

Enlightened
Looks nice!!! at first glance i thought it was made from Nitrolon plastic...I dont really like shiny/glossy finishes either

houtex

Enlightened
LOOKS GREAT! how durable is that? Does that come in a spray can? how is it applied? Very interested.

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
LOOKS GREAT! how durable is that? Does that come in a spray can? how is it applied? Very interested.

Gun Kote is a Teflon based coating that was developed for the Navy. It will withstand a 500 hour salt water spray. Think Navy Seal's weapons.

It is applied with an airgun then baked on at 300 degrees. Surface prep (the really important part) is sandblasting (just enough to "FROST" the anodizing) and then degreased with Acetone. Heat to 130 Degrees and airbrush it on. When you are satisfied with the coating, bake at 300 for an hour where it bonds with the parent metal. Once that is done nothing chemical will ever take it off. In fact the only way to remove it is to SERIOUSLY sandblast it off.

It is quite durable, even if it gets marred the Teflon is baked into the metal and will protect it.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

litetube

Enlightened
Looks awesome.I really miss the LB. They were EXTRemely well made lights. Perfect machining to rival SF and the likes. With aan updated emmiter I bet they rock.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome work and color!

Too bad you could not leave the longbow letters and the bow in black.

I bet you will get some PMs with request. :)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can think of a lot of things that I own that would look very good Gun-koted in orange or blue.

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
Great now I want one of these lights.:crazy:

How do you like the Longbow? Have you upgraded it?

It came upgraded already

Was that the light I sold you?? Sweeeet...

Yes, Yes it is. I like these little lights and the fact that they come apart so well.

I am messing around with tin foil on the back of the reflector but so far it hasn't done much.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I

I am messing around with tin foil on the back of the reflector but so far it hasn't done much.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
You might want to try replacing the optic and using an McR-16 reflector or an IMS17...I tried it with an IMS17 and its was all good.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to try replacing the optic and using an McR-16 reflector or an IMS17...I tried it with an IMS17 and its was all good.

Did you do the mod Cuso?

If so, I have some other questions.

1. What LED did you use?
2. What is the drive level on this light?

I have a trade in the works for a Longbow mini and plan to mod it with a R2 Cree with optic and some glow paint for a nice effect.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It came upgraded already

Yes, Yes it is. I like these little lights and the fact that they come apart so well.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

I was looking at KG industries and notice they have a air cure system that dries in 80 minutes and can be air brushed on.

WoooHooo! I can see some Camo lights using this stuff in my future.:twothumbs