Blade is coming are you!

SAR

Newly Enlightened
With blade right around the corner, folks are burning both ends of the candle making knives for the show.

Here is something special I made, I am building 2 more as I type this.

If you come to Atlanta please stop by the table 26 D and say HI

The HMF IKBS#1 stats
5" recurved blade of cpm 154 HRc 60 OAL 10 1/2"
Stone-wash flats/Machine satin bevel
Alabama damascus handles
Latch is Ti.

This is a first time go for this design, so its not quite perfect ( if there is such a thing) I will have to do future models with other handle materials, this stuff is just a tad heavy.

Smooth, solid and nooooooo play what so ever thats the IKBS for ya:thumbup:

Thanks
Spencer

dsc1801xf7.jpg

dsc1802gz5.jpg

dsc1803xr5.jpg

dsc1804rg9.jpg

dsc1805wq0.jpg

dsc1807ld9.jpg

dsc1810pb8.jpg

dsc1808ji4.jpg

dsc1809yy1.jpg

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohhhhh balisongs.... you now have my full attention. :naughty:
Looks pretty nice so far. I agree steel would probably be kind of heavy for a handle material. What other materials other than the obvious (Ti) do you have in mind?

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
Hey SAR, nice design, got a question for you though, I am at the bottom of the world, way down in New Zealand, so getting to blade is a little far away but I am looking for a custom knife...I understand if you are too busy, but let me explain what I am after quickly...fixed blade 6-7 inches long, full tang with micarta slabs, handel about 4-5 inches, looking for a recurve blade very similar to your 1911 model but with a bit more curve, a sharpened back running 3/4 of the way along, also with a bit of curve in it (very very slight wasp waist, very slight), blade thickness about .25 inch, widest point approx 2 inches, guard part of blade, i.e. drops down to cover/protect hand and top of blade by handel also swells out with notches for thumb, handel is hard to explain but I can give examples if you are at all interested, I know what I am after, sheath prob leather with krydex insert, and pouch for mini leatherman and a sharpener tool I use (can also send example) , possibly also flint...

This has to be stong, would need to be able to slice and dice cheese, bread, etc, handel skinning deer, chopping wood, digging out a rough pit for a fire, toilet etc, and if for some reason it had to be stuck into something soft, wet and hard then not slip or have my hand run onto the blade by accident...

Anyway let me know if you are at all interested.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for bumping this thread,

I have been looking through your pictures and i must say you make the most beutiful knifes i have ever seen.

Ive never been a knife collector and i really dont know much about them.
But DanG!!

How much are those knifes in the picture in this thread?

Regards,
Benny

Bint

Newly Enlightened
Blade is coming are you

Tom Was it originally rubbing on one side only or is it pretty even ?An Adj Panhard bar may solve some of your problems cause even at stock ride height the rear ends are not centered. Relocating the Bumpstops seems like the best solution but you may be able to grind some of the mount away for extra clearence..

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Blade is coming are you

Tom Was it originally rubbing on one side only or is it pretty even ?An Adj Panhard bar may solve some of your problems cause even at stock ride height the rear ends are not centered. Relocating the Bumpstops seems like the best solution but you may be able to grind some of the mount away for extra clearence..
What?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were legal here too once, I owned 2 nice examples though I'd only ever heard them referred to as "butterfly knives" ;)

Nice work there SAR! :thumbsup:

WBryan

Newly Enlightened
Hey man! I will be there and look forward to seeing you again!
WBryan:twothumbs