Smallest yet high lumen, multi-mode and very long runtime

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi pros here, I need a light to compliment my Wee NS which has a 25lumen setting and a runtime of around 1hr. I am thinking of getting an EDC which does not put a buldge in my pants pocket and preferably hookable as a keychain. The battery must be disposable type so easy to replace and widely available, such as CR123 or AAA. I bought a fenix L0d as a gift for my friend and thinks it fits what I am looking for, bright and long runtime, but was wondering whether there are any real good ones that I might have missed out. The light is preferably less than 8cm x 2cm. If you guys know of any AAA or CR123 lights (or even AA) that fit the bill of smallish, high lumen, multi-mode and very long runtime on high, please recommend to me. Thanks! :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
bright, size, long run time

pick 2

:eek:

you can have all three in the LF2X, just not at the same time. the lowest setting on the LF2X shoudl last very very long, and the highest setting it VERY bright.

Crenshaw

ruriimasu

Enlightened
oohs.. forgot. the high mode hopefully more than 70lumens and runtime of >2hrs? low mode hopefully runtime of >8hrs? thanks

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes you can't go wrong with a Liteflux LF2X. You set the first level rather low and you have a very long runtime, the second level much higher but still with an acceptable runtime. And the 'special' level at full blast, very limited runtime but WOW!! :eek:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely a nautilus. small form factor, great on primaries, 2.5 hours on high ~100 lumens, 75 on low ~i forget.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF2 variants are the most versatile EDC lights IMO because they are a programmable two-stage -- you can suit them to your needs. I would recommend setting your two stages to the lowest amount of light that is usable for your, and your second stage to the most light you can get, given your preferred runtime constraint. Check out the link in my sig for the beam profile comaprisons of the different LF2 variants.

Zenster

Enlightened
Try the Novatac 120P. If you program it's high to be around 60 lumens, you'll have plent of light for 2 hours+ with the added benefit of having the full 120 lumens available for those rare times when you really need it.
Additionally, it's fully programmable so you can set it up to work on any number of levels or modes.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i woudl say the 100% in 10440s on the LF2X should be in excess of 100 lumens, very mcuh in excess actually. On AAAs it should be close to that. about 60% of either if actually bright enough for most things.

This_is_Nascar has done some great work on the runtimes here

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197173

and you can see my beamshots against some other AAA lights here

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197358

Crenshaw

hi crenshaw.. thanks for the recommendation. I read up your the reviews, but would u happen to know how long does power last if i blast it at full? and where can i buy with free international shipping? I found a LF2 at dealextreme but not LF2X. :sick2:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Novatac 120P. If you program it's high to be around 60 lumens, you'll have plent of light for 2 hours+ with the added benefit of having the full 120 lumens available for those rare times when you really need it.
Additionally, it's fully programmable so you can set it up to work on any number of levels or modes.

that.

any small, high power LED light needs some mass for heat sinking, unless you just want a show light that is disposable. The Novatac has enough mass for that. Its lowest level can run for months.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi crenshaw.. thanks for the recommendation. I read up your the reviews, but would u happen to know how long does power last if i blast it at full? and where can i buy with free international shipping? I found a LF2 at dealextreme but not LF2X. :sick2:

i believe its on the order of 10-20 mins if you ran it on 100%, which is overkill anyway..:)

i highly suggest you wait for market place to get back up and buying from the sales thread there. Khoo (led cool) is fantastic to deal with.

EDIT: oh it is back, here you go
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=175263

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Oops. Read the first post wrong. Just go with the recommendations above and below this post!

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Not sure why Crenshaw didn't mention it, but don't forget the Fenix P1DCE Q5; 180 lumens in under three inches, low mode will do over 12 hours, and Fenix build quality. *Free shipping worldwide* at Fenix-Store..

allburger

Enlightened
I was thinking the same thing as the above post. I would also recommend the Fenix P3D. I believe it may be the shortest 2 cell 123 light out there.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why Crenshaw didn't mention it, but don't forget the Fenix P1DCE Q5; 180 lumens in under three inches, low mode will do over 12 hours, and Fenix build quality. *Free shipping worldwide* at Fenix-Store..
:laughing:

im all caught up with my LF2X atm moment, its so dang bright!

but my P1D still rides along..:eek:

OP, the P1D is a great light, its a must must have IMHO..

n597062597_664836_3274.jpg

and thats on low...:eek:

Crenshaw

Last edited:

ruriimasu

Enlightened

thanks for the info! :D

by the way. whats the differences between LF2 and LF2X, other than the flood? Does LF2X have modes such as strobe, sos, fixed hi/low etc? cos all i've been hearing are the self programmed modes. And the final qn, between LOD and LF2X, which is a better one? Because like i said b4, i recently bot a LoD for a friend and upon receiving it, i thot I should have something like it too but i wanted to know if there are better ones than it :D