Help ID a long-lost flashlight

When I was younger, my dad gave me a spotlight. As I recall, it's performance was nothing special, it was either a Krypton or low-power Halogen, powered by 4 "D" cells. It had quite a unique design though, and I've never seen another one since, even in pictures. I lost it somewhere, probably on a cub scout outing.

I'll try my best to describe it. It was black plastic, and had a 4-5" reflector. The body of the light was only a little bit deeper than the reflector itself, since the batteries were arranged in a ring around the base of the reflector. The handle was molded, and attached to the top of the light. I don't remember whether the handle was completely behind the body of the light, or on top of it, but it was an odd design. The handle only attached to the light at the front, the back was open. It had a three level LED battery charge meter.

Crappy Drawing:

light.png

Has anyone seen such a light? Any idea what it was called or who made it? I'm guessing it's been out of production for some time, and there's not much chance of finding another one. I'm just curious since it's the one light I've owned that I know very little about, and I've never seen another one.

Aluminous

Enlightened
I don't have any information about that light, but if anyone does, it might help if you remembered the approximate year of it... Based on the birth year in your profile and being a Cub Scout at the time (vs older Boy Scout), it's probably from some time in the early-to-mid 1990s.

I don't have any information about that light, but if anyone does, it might help if you remembered the approximate year of it... Based on the birth year in your profile and being a Cub Scout at the time (vs older Boy Scout), it's probably from some time in the early-to-mid 1990s.

If I had a more specific date I would have mentioned it, but early-mid 1990s sounds about right.