Would anyone be interested in...

Low_Rider

Newly Enlightened
Judging by your previous posts I can only assume you're talking about making some one off Lamina based devices rather than a commercial product? :grin2:

How will the package be wired, estimated forward voltage, drive current? :thinking:

With a bit more information I could be very interested!! (Non-Committing) :naughty: :devil:

Cheers, Dave.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is that led? Specs? Who makes em? Who are you? Dealer? Manufacturer?

Welcome to CPF!
AlexGT

Low_Rider

Newly Enlightened
From R33E8's previous posts my understanding is that he has an internship with Lamina, and was aiming to seek permission to make a few custom Titan boards packed with some newer Cree dies.

I guess the big question is if he's actually allowed to do this, yet alone sell them! :thinking:

Personally I'd be just as interested, if not more so, in seeing four newer dies used in the Atlas package. Apart from the documented "doughnut hole" issue, I think it would be a fun package to play with.

Time will tell I guess… :poke:

Dave.

Low_Rider

Newly Enlightened
R33E8 said:
The reasons I don't want to do all series are the packages that are easily available are wired in series and parallel and I don't want the forward voltage to be like 3.3 volts and the current at 27 amps...

Wouldn't wiring the cavities in series result in a higher forward voltage / lower drive current, while wiring them in parallel would give you the lower forward voltage but much higher drive currents? :) ;)

R33E8 said:
But I might end up doing that because I think I heard that there are some problems with going parallel.

The issue of multiple dies / emitters being wired in parallel has been documented and discussed here on CPF many times before. A search should bring up plenty of information for you to read over if you wish. :thumbsup:

R33E8 said:
I would say the chance of this actually being made is about 40% and the chance of it being mass produced is like 10%. I really want to make it but I'm not positive they will let me.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you might want to be careful discussing things like this on the internet without consulting those who you are working with at Lamina beforehand. The last thing you want is to get yourself in trouble mentioning something that perhaps should not be in the public domain. Just looking out for you! :thinking:

Perhaps it might be more beneficial to seek permission to post a report on your internship, and what you have learnt along with a few photos or something?

Regardless, I'm very interested to see if you can come up with a special one-off or two! :naughty:

Cheers, Dave.

cdrov

Newly Enlightened
What color temp are we talking about? Could it be warm light? What angle? and of course price....

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
R33E8,

If you want to post an interest/sale thread, it needs to be in the appropriate forum. If you are a dealer or manufacture, that would be at the Market Place with the appropriate subscription.