Custom output levels?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say, hypothetically, I wanted to buy a Raw NS, but wanted the high to be a little lower to save some runtime. Say, a 70-80 lumen high with the stock low being whatever it is normally. Will Lummi do a custom job like that? Thanks.

*Edit* I see that the Raw NS and AL both have a 100/20lm option, but it says it's "limited high." Does that just refer to the output being limited, or is the number of units produced with this option limited? Thanks.

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is just saying that the output is limited to 100 lumens, rather than the 160 lumens of direct-drive.

Theroetically, Rob can give you whatever output you like, providing he has the time to implement it. An email will decide whether Rob is able to accomodate this request. However, if the 100/20 combination suits, that is even better.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
So if I wanted to buy the next Raw Camo with a 5lm low/160lm high.... :twothumbs

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't get my hopes up Tach. If Rob were to start building them to the individual specs of each buyer these lights go from the realm of semi-custom to custom and I think Rob would have to charge more than the current pricing. But drop him an email maybe he is up for that.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies everybody. I made that post before I found the 100/20 option, and I'm starting to think that it just might be right for me. 90 minutes is very impressive for a light that size. Now I just need to start saving. :party:

1M1

Newly Enlightened
I chose the 100/20 lumen option for my RAW AL and it is pretty nice for a daily carry.

The 160 lumens is nice for WOW factor and pretty good throw, but the 100 lumens has worked well for night walking.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds perfect. This will probably be my dress/classy light, and primarily used on low for finding things, walking on dark pathways, etc. How does the level switching work? Is it twist for low twist more for high, or is it an on/off type of operation?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds perfect. This will probably be my dress/classy light, and primarily used on low for finding things, walking on dark pathways, etc. How does the level switching work? Is it twist for low twist more for high, or is it an on/off type of operation?

Twist on to low and another 1/4 turn twist to high

chorlton

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered a Raw NS 200/100. I'll use the 200 for sheer wow factor and the 100 low for walking at night with a decent run time. As for 20 low I'd have to use my Photon keyring :crackup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Raw NS on 25/12/2008 as a Christmas pressy for myself (no trits as i am kinda brutish and dont wanta break 'em) 200/20. Can't wait for it!!

200 to wow!

20 for utility