Is it possible?!?!? FENIX STORE FTW!

lronchef

Newly Enlightened
Well, after being disappointed in either my lights or the batch of batteries i got from BJ, I tested batteries and found them to be reading 4v (must have bad volt meter too), so I sent the P3D back to Fenix.

Just got my response back from Trevor saying that he replaced the whole head of the light and that it will be much brighter than it was before - as well as having fixed the problem I had with it flickering and turning off with fresh cells. "BRIGHTER THAN BEFORE?!?!" Well, I have no meter to test the brightness, but I was pretty certain I could tell it was already in the 200+ lumen category.

So anyway, I'm thoroughly impressed with the Fenix-Store, their promptness, their appreciation for real customer service, etc. Maybe if my face melts off when I test the light (when it comes back to me), I'll post pics of my fried face. But seriously, was it some "b" batch premium Q5 and now replaced with an 'a' batch one? My lips are going numb just thinking of how much brighter it could be! lol

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Don't over hype the light for yourself, you will end up dissappointed.

It was either a driver problem, or the batteries you bought were bad.

What brand were they(I don't remember if you posted it in the other thread)?

lronchef

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I know..i was thinking of that as I typed..."cursed." SHucks, I'm fine even if it's the same brightness it was before!

They were new titanium cells.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If this new light doesn't work with those batteries, then it's proably a problem from that batch of batteries, since at least a few people here use Titanium CR123s in their P3D without problem.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've had good results with the Titanium brand batteries for BJ. It sounds like Fenix Store found and issue with the light though, correct? In which case I'm going to guess the batteries were fine.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have run Titanium CR123's in my P3D's without any problems. I now use AW R123's in my P3D's though.

lronchef

Newly Enlightened
I've had good results with the Titanium brand batteries for BJ. It sounds like Fenix Store found and issue with the light though, correct? In which case I'm going to guess the batteries were fine.

Sounds like it. I'm not accusing the batteries of being bad, although I did have a 4v reading on my meter (probably bad meter...). I'm wondering if by running my p3d in turbo mode for 5 minutes cooked or fried something in the head. I'll have to test this new one for a good 10 mins of turbo when i get it.

Latest posts