Olight - R50        
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: High CRI and its significance

Default Re: High CRI and its significance

Quote Originally Posted by BigHonu View Post
    The easiest way for me to describe the high CRI Nichia beam was that no color stood out, and that was simply AWESOME.
    +1, and I agree with everything you say Brian. Last night I was out walking the dog with my Xeno E03 w/ Nichia 219. I was shining it around on trees in the distance and thought to myself "an XP-G2 model would be reaching that tree much better". Even though I understand this, 99% of the time I don't care and I'll take a nice tint over output. I like the peace of mind knowing that all my torches have a nice tint and the light they're throwing is close to perfect.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHonu View Post
    The easiest way for me to describe the high CRI Nichia beam was that no color stood out, and that was simply AWESOME. Iím so used to flipping on a light, and some color will immediately jump out or get washed out. With the Nichia, nothing looked unnatural. Everything was as it should be. From a color rendition standpoint, it is the best I have seen out of ANY portable light source.
    Great review and this quote is exactly how I feel about the best of hCRI emitters now available.

Love my Nichia 119 Haiku and look forward to more of your perspective in print.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Hi All,

I came across this company's information about their high CRI LED lighting. According to their test reports, their LEDs' emission spectrum looks quite evenly distributed and similar to sunlight, nothing like what I have seen before.

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Verified my UV assumptions. Xicato MR16 pucks use 6 high power UV/near-UV dies with phosphor rings and a light filter to create a higher 85-90 CRI 2000lm of 3500k light. Highlighters and other such phosphorescent objects (including white and other LED) lit up like roman candles.
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

So as of Feb 2015, is the Nichia 219 still the color rendition king?

I've just ordered a nail bender copper mule with a 219a hcri,..
    i hope so its still the king!.

Quote Originally Posted by lumen aeternum View Post
    So as of Feb 2015, is the Nichia 219 still the color rendition king?
    Custom Built

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    I think it's more of a Nichia thing than the 219 itself, further to that I believe the 219B (not the full part number obviously) is the latest and greatest version of the 219 offering improved efficiency over the 219A.
    Don has a fairly in depth article on the 119 describing the full part number which makes for a LED of specific colour temperature and high CRI.
    The physical difference between 119 and 219 being the footprint size but both potentially have the same ability to possess a pleasant tint and high CRI.
    I have both high CRI 119 and 219 Nichia lights and they are both excellent with a slight preference going to the 119 in Don's LE's since owning them but essentially you could probably order the 119 and 219 with identical attributes with the difference being only in the different footprint size.

Some content removed. Yes, better to post it somewhere else!....Bill

On topic, I'm sure there are alternatives but currently Nichia is the best by my eyes and a neutral as possible tint with high CRI is important to me hence why all my McGizmo's have the 119V LE.
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 02-11-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Inappropriate posting

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    I think it's more of a Nichia thing than the 219 itself, further to that I believe the 219B (not the full part number obviously) is the latest and greatest version of the 219 offering improved efficiency over the 219A.
    Don has a fairly in depth article on the 119 describing the full part number which makes for a LED of specific colour temperature and high CRI.
    The physical difference between 119 and 219 being the footprint size but both potentially have the same ability to possess a pleasant tint and high CRI.
    I have both high CRI 119 and 219 Nichia lights and they are both excellent with a slight preference going to the 119 in Don's LE's since owning them but essentially you could probably order the 119 and 219 with identical attributes with the difference being only in the different footprint size.

Some content removed. Yes, better to post it somewhere else!....Bill

On topic, I'm sure there are alternatives but currently Nichia is the best by my eyes and a neutral as possible tint with high CRI is important to me hence why all my McGizmo's have the 119V LE.

I often hear about neutral xpg2 but never see any. Is there a high cri xpg2 or is it vaporwear?

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I often hear about neutral xpg2 but never see any. Is there a high cri xpg2 or is it vaporwear?
    They exist, min 90 CRI, but the ones I've found have a colour temperature of around 3000K which could be a good or a bad thing.

I'll bump this thread yet again, after 20 months, to ask what chip is the current king of "color rendition."

And I wonder if indoor wall paint manufacturers are now altering their dyes to try to make it look good under non-incan lighting.

I've recently tried XPG3, XHP50 and XML2 in high cri just to try something new. They have all been pretty good although the XML2 was way too warm for my taste but in the end it always comes down to Nichia, that said, the variety Don uses (or any similar Nichia) is as good as it gets currently.
    As far as the wall thing goes I have no idea but I find warm LEDs and incan to be inferior to a neutral hi cri LED like the Nichia. What's the point of hi cri if white looks orange?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011