Fenix TK10 or Conqueror M-C3

Mactrix

Newly Enlightened
If you were placed in this position what would you choose?

From reading Tk10 throws 200m M-C3 150m ish

But M-C3 has a wider throw then the Tk10.

What would you guys choose?

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seriously doubt that the TK10 throws 200m, more like 200ft(~60m).

My Surefire M4 with a 300lumen lamp and 2.5inch Turbo reflector can only just identify objects at 200m.

To answer your question, first we have to establish what purpose you will be using the flashlight for? The Tk10 is far easier to carry than the M-C3 but puts out less light. The M-C3 is bulkier to carry but puts out significantly more light than the Tk10. Both lights have good throw given their designs and also allows the use of rechargeables which is important if you want to minimise your running costs.

If you were placed in this position what would you choose?

From reading Tk10 throws 200m M-C3 150m ish

But M-C3 has a wider throw then the Tk10.

What would you guys choose?

Last edited:

dinocol

Newly Enlightened
what emitters does the M-C3 Use? are they all q5's?

Last edited:

Mactrix

Newly Enlightened
Fenix site says 200m :p

I will be buying rechargeables so thats a good thing.

I intend to use it for outside to generally see things and sometimes inside things like roof spaces.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need to carry the light around on your belt or pocket, go the Tk10.

If carrying a bulkier light is not an issue, I'd go the M-C3. Because 3 Cree LEDs driven at 0.5a will provide more light than 1 Cree LED driven at 1.2a. Also 2x18500s or 17500s will give you more runtime than 1x17670.

I'm deciding to buy either the M-C3 or the AK-T6... gonna do further research before deciding.

**NB: If you decide to go with the Tk10, it will be a lot easier and a bit cheaper to buy locally at torchworld.

Fenix site says 200m :p

I will be buying rechargeables so thats a good thing.

I intend to use it for outside to generally see things and sometimes inside things like roof spaces.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
With night adapted eye, it might be possible to see a white wall at 200 meter.

To actually identify things at 200 meter, look at the LED throwers, Dereelight DBS, Tiablo A8/A9, or Rapidfire Spear.

These lights might be too bright for indoor use(on high modes, the thrower LED lights probably have too narrow a beam).

I'd get neither and go for a P60 accepting light because they will have similar beam pattern but the P60 accepting light would be easier to upgrade.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you would like a light that would be easily upgradeable, look at the P60 drop-in accepting lights. The drop-ins use a similar reflector as the TK10(well, most) and better ones will match or beat it in performance.

The TK10 would be a good choice though.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you would like a light that would be easily upgradeable, look at the P60 drop-in accepting lights. The drop-ins use a similar reflector as the TK10(well, most) and better ones will match or beat it in performance.

The TK10 would be a good choice though.

The average P60 light won't be as tough as the TK10.