The *unofficial* Ra Twisty picture thread

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
Hello Guys (and gals),

I thought since there are very few reviews and pictures from the different Ra Twisty`s it would be cool to start a picture thread.
The thing is tough and waterproof to 20 meters so let`s be creative :twothumbs

P.s.: I´ll be too when i finally recieve mine... .

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a few from my mini review:

As part of an early pre-order, my light arrived in a great fitted Pelican 1010 case and 5 spare 123 cells. I have to admit, this is a really nice touch.

The 100 lumen model uses a Seoul LED and provides a wonderful, broad beam with a nice throw beam and very bright, usable spill. A great balance for an EDC-style light IMH).

Here are a few shots showing it alongside my SSC HDS EDC 42 Basic, a SureFire E1B, and a SureFire E1L running an E2E bezel and an EO-E1R Lumens Factory lamp assembly. This should give some perspective on the size of the light, just a few millimeters longer than my HDS EDC.

Here's a couple of shots comparing it in my hand vs. the HDS EDC:

Here are a few shots comparing the heads and tailcaps of the HDS vs. the Ra. The Ra uses what appear to be much more thick and robust threads. No, the battery tubes/tailcaps are not interchangeable! However, I understand that Henry is working on additional battery tubes to power the light with 2x123s, 18650s, and possibly even 2xAAs!

The beam pattern is definitely broader than my SSC HDS. The tint is close to pure white. The output is a bit dimmer vs. my SSC HDS (I understand it was brighter than the original owner's Novatac 120P, so it may be a 'hot' example).

HDS on the left, Ra on the right:

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
+1 great review and pictures especially the one in your hand. Good to give a hint of the size ;)

:twothumbs

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos, those are some pretty cool pix you got there. :twothumbs:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT: Chronos, what is that knife you have showing in a few of your pictures? Really cool looking piece of metal there. I like that dimpled texture. :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT: Chronos, what is that knife you have showing in a few of your pictures? Really cool looking piece of metal there. I like that dimpled texture. :)

It is a Strider DGG (Double Gunner Grip) SMF spearpoint. :)

If you look in the Ra Twisty thread you'll find pictures posted with the bezel removed.:twothumbs

Polar Light

Newly Enlightened
My Twisty on the rocks.

RaTwisty.jpg

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
WoW these are all great pictures especially enzo`s in real action ;).

Thank`s very much so far ... the race continues :twothumbs