HELP: How to open a Led Lenser Hokus Focus

kourepai

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am a new member in this site. I want help opening the head of a led lenser 7438 hokus focus. There was a thread here, but the pictures are no longer available.

kourepai

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am a new member in this site. I want help opening the head of a led lenser 7438 hokus focus. There was a thread here, but the pictures are no longer available.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is difficult. If I remember correctly I used bicycle innertube to get a good grip. If it is really well glued on you may have to put in a vice and try it that way.
Good luck.

mighty82

Enlightened
I just opened mine by turning the head hard against the clock with my hands only. Just turn it till the focus is all the way forward and keep turning.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be too late here, but hopefully not. I use a small rubber strap wrench (the strap is about 5/8" wide) with the light placed in a vise. My vise has rubber jaw inserts, but you can line the vise with tape or cloth to protect the light. Back the head out counter-clockwise by hand until it stops, then use the strap wrench. Once the head is removed, place the strap wrench on the remaining top part of the light (the part that moves to focus the light) and tighten it clockwise. This part gets locked in the full-out position when removing the head, so you need to "pop" it loose the other way.

I've removed the heads from 80+ of these lights. About 5 of them came loose by hand, 4 or 5 were REALLY difficult even with the strap wrench, and the remaining ones came loose without too much trouble by using the strap wrench. The bigger strap wrenches (one inch wide and up) just don't seem to work as well as the small ones. :shrug:

Latest posts