Fenix L0D CE - official new EDC.

Leeoniya

Enlightened
Well, i just got my L0D CE and E01 in the mail today. Very impressive, it is definitely replacing my P2D as the new EDC.

one thing i wish i could do is tell it to default to lowest level setting so that i dont have to remember switch it every time, i really want to get the full use of the advertised 8.5 hrs. rather than 3.5. for medium level.

i could always use the E01 if i needed the runtime i guess, but it's very blue-tinted, moreso than i would prefer in an EDC., hell, i could carry them both!

speaking of advertised runtime, is it with lithiums, alkies, or NiMh? the difference between alkaline and lithiums can be as much as 50%, i've seen this from runtime graphs for my L2P, so i only feed it lithiums these days, plus much less weight, cold temp performance..yaddiyaddiyadda.

Leon

paulr

Flashaholic
Use rechargeables, don't worry about runtime. Alkalines will be terrible in this light.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can find runtimes on an Eneloop here:
http://www.light-reviews.com/fenix_l0d_ce/review.html

You can use a Chapstick cap as a diffuser/lenscap and the Chapstick container makes a good battery carrier.

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Jesus Christ † John 8:12

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome.

Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction. Proverbs 10:14

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
one thing i wish i could do is tell it to default to lowest level setting so that i dont have to remember switch it every time, i really want to get the full use of the advertised 8.5 hrs. rather than 3.5. for medium level.

Leon

That's why I started to EDC the LF2X. It has a really nice low mode and I have the ability to start in low or any brightness.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Me too !

I keep mine loaded with the Energizer Lithium (L92) AAA battery(s).

Here's a "rough" runtime guideline (on a Lithium):

Medium (default mode) -------------------- 3.5 hours

Low mode ------------------------------------- 8 hours

High mode ----------------------------------- 70 minutes

Hope you enjoy yer' new L0D-CE as much as i like mine !

:thumbsup:
_

JamisonM

Enlightened
Well, i just got my L0D CE and E01 in the mail today. Very impressive, it is definitely replacing my P2D as the new EDC.

i could always use the E01 if i needed the runtime i guess, but it's very blue-tinted, moreso than i would prefer in an EDC., hell, i could carry them both!

speaking of advertised runtime, is it with lithiums, alkies, or NiMh? the difference between alkaline and lithiums can be as much as 50%, i've seen this from runtime graphs for my L2P, so i only feed it lithiums these days, plus much less weight, cold temp performance..yaddiyaddiyadda.

Leon
Keep you P2D as your main light. Buy a pack of AAA lithium and put your LOD on your key chain as a backup for you P2D.

Leeoniya

Enlightened
lol, so rather than lightening the load (which is obviously the point of replacing the P2D as EDC) (pun not intended), i should not only add more weight to my keys, but also carry spare L92s?

there's a reason i'm replacing my P2D as EDC, and its not because it is a bad light, in fact it's probably the best light i own out of numerous Arcs, Inovas, Nuwais, and other Fenixes.

don't worry, the spare L92s and P2D wont be staying home, their new home is my car.

JamisonM

Enlightened
lol, so rather than lightening the load (which is obviously the point of replacing the P2D as EDC) (pun not intended), i should not only add more weight to my keys, but also carry spare L92s?

there's a reason i'm replacing my P2D as EDC, and its not because it is a bad light, in fact it's probably the best light i own out of numerous Arcs, Inovas, Nuwais, and other Fenixes.

don't worry, the spare L92s and P2D wont be staying home, their new home is my car.
Well, if the amount of metal I'm guessing you have on you keychain is anywhere near what a certain person I know has, I can understand you wanting to lighten the load.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

youre only in trouble once you have to attach your actual keys to a clip so that you can detach them from the rest of the stuff.

Crenshaw

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to do the same
P2D is getting annoying big in the pocket. (and to think I wanted to sub in a Nitecore Extreme for it)
The Nautilus would be nice, but expensive for my blood

Anyone got a keychain kydex for it?