Hotwire Q: Bulb suggestion for 3D host?

pbs357

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a Mag85 (my first!) with AW's 3 level soft starter and while it's a great light, I am now wondering what hotter bulbs can I run in this? Would I get good results from an Osram 64610 with 3x Li-Ion D cells? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am a hotwire newb. Thanks!

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi,

gongratulations for your hotwire! :party:

first of all: li-ion cells are not the BEST for hotwire built...they are perfect for a mag85 (maybe the best type of batteries ) but they stop to work with high amps bulbs....they can hold 5,5Amps but not more....

anyway you can run a lot of other bulbs for better runtime :)D)...like WA1331, WA 1306 or CL809...but I don't know if you are looking for more runtime........:whistle:

my suggestion, if you want to have an hotwire with more than 6Amps, is to get a good NiMh battery pack fro CPF member LuxLuthor....;)

pbs357

Enlightened
Hi Filippo!

Thanks for the welcome to team hotwire (and back to team incan:eek:)! Basically my goal is whatever setup achieves max lumens with at least 30 minute runtime at max output, and a nice white-ish color (similar to the Mag85) on high.

NiMH AA's are ok, I have a bunch of Eneloops...

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically my goal is whatever setup achieves max lumens with at least 30 minute runtime at max output, and a nice white-ish color

soory but seems to me that the best for what you want is just the mag85...:whistle: