Surefire Saint headlamp? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
In the July 2008 issue of Outside magazine on page 112 they have a picture of a Surefire headlamp! It's supposedly called the Saint. They say 100 lumens in the blurb.

I can't find any info anywhere about this. Anybody know what's up?

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Saint headlamp?

I just got off the phone with a very friendly lady at Surefire. The Saint does exist, but she had no specs yet. She said it should be available at dealers in early August and available through Surefire's website August 31st.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

DETAILS!!!!........SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!

YES I"M YELLING LIKE BILLY MAYS DAMNIT!!!

SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING!!!!

I NEED SOME MORE INFO SO I CAN STOP YELLING!!!

thanks.:)

Burgess

Flashaholic

Sounds interesting . . . .

:popcorn:
_

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

Burgess

Flashaholic

If ONLY we had a CPF member

who had an "inside track" with SureFire . . . .

:whistle:

_

nzbazza

Enlightened

Hope this headlamp is not another piece of vapourware like the Fenix headlamp.

Can someone post a scan of the page?

SilentK

Enlightened

Scan! Scan! Scan! i am SOOO frigin' exited! i am bouncing up and down at this very moment!!! i need info of :poof: once again, another great leap for surefire.

RGB_LED

Enlightened

:wtf::faint::party:! With all the announcements and pre-order threads for the new SF lights, there was no mention of this... and they are planning on delivery in August? How did we miss this?!

Size15's, as you seem to be somewhat of a SF guru, can you shed any... uh, light, on this one? :popcorn:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic

I dragged myself to the bookstore today just to check this out.

Yup, there it was... the Saint, $150. I don't have a means right now of scanning or taking pictures or I would've brought the magazine home to share the image.

From the magazine pic (tiny), it looks like it'll have a rear-placed battery pack (there's a cable running along the side of the headband. It also has a top (elastic?) band.

The LED assembly is cylindrical, with 2 thick knobs at the ends. The battery cable goes on one end. I can only imagine the other is the on/off/selector knob? Looked like the typical SF HA finish.

The LED seemed to be in the middle of the cylinder, but the pic was too tiny to really see if it had an optic system or if it was an "open" LED like the H30/50's.

All I can say is... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened

Typical of Surefire. . . . . they make a really fantastic body for an LED that is a lot dimmer than it should/could be. If I am going to waste my money buying CR123's for a headlamp, it had better put out something in the neighborhood of 200 Lumens on high. . . .

I guess we can hope that Hong Kong comes up with some drop-ins for the best American-made headlamp.

I'll hold out for the Fenix headlamp. . . .I'm sure it will approach 200 lumens and will likely be able to do that using two or three rechargeable AA's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts