• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Custom WQ-McG45 light ... SOLD!

wquiles

Flashaholic
For sale: custom WQ-McG45 1xC HAIII light, designed and built by yours truly. This custom light is designed around a single 18650 LiIon cell and the superb McGizmo 45mm LED reflector (modified to fit in a Maglight), and uses a W-bin 5W Luxeon LED driven by a MaxFlex set to 1Amp. The MaxFlex is a multi-level, constant current MaxFlex regulator made by Taskled (http://www.taskled.com/maxflex.html). I cut and re-thread the body, but the HAIII was done by forum member MirageMan. This light also has an UCL lens.

Original thread showing how I designed and built these lights:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131800

This was the original sale thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134339&highlight=McG45

And here is the actual brand new, never used, just finished, 1xC, HAIII WQ-McG45 for sale:
IMG_5408.JPG

two views of the huge 45mm reflector:
IMG_5409.JPG

note how the UCL (ultra clear glass lens) appears not to be there:
IMG_5400.JPG

Here for scale, the custom WQ-McG45 light for sale is in the middle (2xC HAIII on the left, and SF-M6 on the right). Only the custom 1xC is for sale:
IMG_5406.JPG

This custom 1xC light has an inner PVC tube (with o-ring) that keeps the 18650 LiIon cell from rattling:
IMG_5401.JPG

The positive battery contact has a solder top that works with flat top 18650 cells:
IMG_5402.JPG

The spring has been silver-epoxied to the bottom of the tailcap for reliability:
IMG_5403.JPG

Here are some comparison beamshots. Canon Rebel XT, manual mode, F5.6, 2sec, on tripod.
- CR2 Ion - High:
IMG_5772.JPG

- Fenix L1P:
IMG_5774.JPG

Lumaray FL6:
IMG_6490.JPG

Lumaray FL12
IMG_6492.JPG

BOG 3W:
IMG_6600.JPG

Custom bored-out HAIII 6P, Aleph 19 head, UX1L DD on custom copper HS:
IMG_6601.JPG

BOG 5W:
IMG_5776.JPG

WQ-McG45 (W-bin at 1.1Amp):
IMG_6684.JPG

Here is an night beam shot of the actual light for sale (W-bin at 1.0Amp) at about 35-40 feet (Canon Rebel XT, 24-105F4 lens, 2sec@F4):
IMG_5405.JPG

Price is $250 which includes insured shipping anywhere in the continental USA. First person who posts here in this thread "I will take it!" gets the light. Posting here takes priority over PM's.

Edit: SOLD !!!

Will

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Custom WQ-McG45 light ... reduced

I have one of the first run of these lights, and I can vouch for the quality of the build. The Maxflex is so much more useful than the twisty HD45, there is no comparison. It's the ultimate companion for the 45mm reflector's perfect beam.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Thanks much donn_ ;)

The combination of a W-bin 5-Watt LED with the 45mm reflector and the MaxFlex gives a super practical light with good throw and good sidebeam :)

Will

Last edited:

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened

The 1C is still in use every day.
Great work .
P1000460.jpg

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Custom WQ-McG45 light ... final reduccion

If this is still available, I'll take it.

PM sent.

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic

If this is still available, I'll take it.

PM sent.

Its yours!

I return from travel this Friday, and I will package it right away. I will include a free protected LiIon 18650 cell as well ;)

Thanks.
Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic

Gordon,

Everything packaged and ready to go today (Sat). The 18650 LiIon cell is charged, but I used black tape on both ends so that the light does not come "ON" while on transit to you.

In the meantime, please visit the TaskLED site to get familiar with the MaxFlex regulated driver's control interface: http://www.taskled.com/maxflex.html

Thanks,
Will