• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mac's Seoul P7 **ALL SOLD**

neue

Newly Enlightened
Two rare, incredible lights for sale. Yes I am a bit obsessive, and I want these excellent lights in different color bodies. One replacement is on the way, and I will watch CPF for the other. Here's an opportunity for someone. Terms for the sale are at the bottom of the post. Thanks for looking.

**SOLD ** Mac's 1000 Lumen Ostar Light

In perfect condition. It includes very hard to find 5MEGA 3x17670 battery holder and new AW batteries. This light throws a WALL of light on high (relatively cool color temp), and runs forever on low.

The price for this light (with batteries) is: $360 (what I paid for just the light, so the batteries are free), shipped Priority Mail. **SOLD**

Here is the info the original sales thread:

-1.25 "D" Size host
-Switch Converted to Momentary
-Osram Ostar 1000 Lumen 15watt LED
-MaxFlex Driver Board (5 levels 350ma, 500ma, 750ma, 1000ma Current Tables)
-Huge Heasink (Osrams run hot)
-Fraen Reflector coupled with a Stippled Mag Reflector
-Tri-Bored for FiveMega's Premium battery holder with charging port. (3x17670)
-Custom recessed Tailcap Spring

Theoretic Runtimes using a 1600ma 17670 Cell

750ma Current Table (battery current draw)

Level 1 0.041ma Runtime 39 hours
Level 2 0.314ma Runtime 5 hours
Level 3 0.523ma Runtime 3 hours
Level 4 0.846ma Runtime 1.88 hours
Level 5 1.40 amps Runtime 1.13 hours

1000ma Current Table (battery current draw)

Level 1 0.045ma Runtime 35.5 hours
Level 2 0.463ma Runtime 3.45 hours
Level 3 0.770ma Runtime 2 hours
Level 4 1.27 amps Runtime 1.25 hours
Level 5 2.10 amps Runtime 45 minutes

ostar.jpg

ostar2.jpg

Seoul P7 Mag

Awesome warm white tint. Runtime estimated at about 1.25hrs in burst mode. Includes metal reflector upgrade (a $25 option). Battery NOT included.

The price for this light is: $275 (less than I paid for the light with the metal reflector), shipped Priority Mail. **SOLD**

From the sale thread:
Sub 1D Size (Under 6" overall length)
-Seoul P7
-Reflector options -Stock reflector, Sputtered Stock reflector, Aluminum Meddium Stipple reflector +$25
-Tri-Flupic (LED see's around 3 amps in burst mode)
-10 amp TailSwitch
-Custom Heatsink with double the mass of the standard O/D-Sink
-Glow powder around pedastal
-Borafloat Lens
-Uses AW's "C" Size Li-Ion
p71.jpg

p72.jpg

p73.jpg

Paypal only (cash or CC acceptable), US addresses only. All prices include domestic USPS Priority shipping. First unconditional "I'll take it" gets it. Questions and PM are welcome (although it may take me a day to respond).
Paypal to: mike [at] neue [dot] com
Please add your CPF user name in your Paypal payment somewhere. Thanks.

Please give me a day to respond, since I usually only check my listing in the late evening.

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mac's 1000 Lumen Ostar Light & Mac's Seoul P7

Curious, which throws better and which appears brighter overall?

StrayLight

Enlightened

#1 Mac's 1000 Lumen Ostar Light

Here is the info the original sales thread:

-Switch Converted to Momentary

I perused the thread and still don't understand this... is the new momentary used to change levels and how do you use it for constant on?

StrayLight

Enlightened

Curious, which throws better and which appears brighter overall?

I don't have either of these, but from reading the original threads and seeing a few beamshots I would say the P7 is a thrower with decent spill and the Ostar is definitely more flood with a bit of reach. Brighter is perhaps subjective.

Tempting, aren't they?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I perused the thread and still don't understand this... is the new momentary used to change levels and how do you use it for constant on?

All Taskled drivers work from a momentary switch. Go to www.taskled.com and you can read the driver board manuals for a better understanding.

Mac

neue

Newly Enlightened

Ostar sold to AndyTiedye.

neue

Newly Enlightened

I don't have either of these, but from reading the original threads and seeing a few beamshots I would say the P7 is a thrower with decent spill and the Ostar is definitely more flood with a bit of reach. Brighter is perhaps subjective.

Tempting, aren't they?

Thanks StrayLight, couldn't have said it better myself. Really, they're both awesome lights. I think that the Ostar has a slight edge in overall light output (at least subjectively, doing a ceiling bounce -- also partially because of the slightly cooler tint). The Ostar also heats up more on the brightest setting. The P7 has the ability to change the beam focus from a spot that projects well (comparable to several of the multi-cree lights that I have), to a very floody beam, similar to the Ostar.

One thing that is great about both of these lights is that it is convenient to charge the batteries. The P7, with its C-cell Li-ion battery can be charged with a $1 Radio Shack cell holder and this $17 charger from Batteryspace. The Ostar has a nice battery holder with a charging jack, and can be charged with this $20 charger.