winelight replacement lamp

bigdaddy99

Newly Enlightened
Hi - I have a winelight II, and my son managed to break the bulb - any thoughts about how to go about getting a replacement lamp that will fit? Is there a replacement led equivalent? Emails to surefire have not been responded to.

Thanks!

bd99

Last edited:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Others more knowledgeable than I will likely respond, but for the time being...

I'm not familiar with a Winelight II, but believe that all the winelights are SureFire E series flashlights, just in a beautiful wine red color. Do you have the one or two cell model?

You can get replacement lamps at the SureFire website or through a number of CPF dealers. Look for E1e or E2e replacement lamp modules (depends on which light you have). I believe Lumens Factory also makes brighter, E-series replacement lamp(s).

As far as LED goes, I'm not aware (but could very well be clueless) of any drop-in LED modules that will fit the standard head/bezel. The SureFire KL and/or KX LED heads should fit and work with the winelight body, but I am not aware of these heads being made in the wine color.

I trust that other members will chime in with more information and/or to correct my errors. Please be sure to confirm that these products will actually fit in your particular light before buying.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, funny sometimes Surefire takes a few days to respond, but they have always responded to me. Usually the same day. The replacement lamp for your Winelight II is called the MN02. It is rated at 25 lumen output and is very highly regarded around here for output and battery life!

CPF member koala makes an LED tower using a Rebel 100 emitter that is a drop-in for the e-series lights.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure you can use any Surefire E2 series bulb - the MN02 or MN03 should work, depending on whether you want long running (25 lumens for 150 minutes) or bright (60 lumens for 90 minutes). (Runtimes based on American Heritage Sports data, which also backs up that the Winelight 2 was a dressed-up E2e)

As for LED conversions, the best one for keeping your light looking all-original is the E-MT, or E-series Mini-Tower. It sets a Luxeon Rebel on top of a small heat-sink tower that will put the LED at the focal point of the reflector and conduct its waste heat to the body of the light. Keep in mind that this is much 'floodier' and less focused than the stock lamp, but that it will do a much better job with most day-to-day tasks, since most are at close range.

Welcome to CPF! :)